What do I do when certain button does not work?
Generally, If you have a remote control problem, you should check the battery at first.
• Replace the remote control batteries.
• Clean the upper edge of the remote control pad (transmission window).
• Check the battery terminals.
If that does not work, please follow another method.
There are four conditions which may cause a remote control pad to function improperly :
• Bad batteries.
• An electronic glitch in the remote control pad.
• A defective remote control pad.
• A defective remote control sensor on the TV.
To determine which of these conditions is causing the problem, follow these steps:
1) Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote control pad and remove both batteries.
2) Press and hold any button on the remote control pad for 20 Seconds.
3) Release the button and reinsert the batteries properly.
(Important : Make sure to insert the batteries properly.)
4) If the remote control works, there was a glitch in the remote control pad that was cleared when you discharged the remote control pad in step2. If the remote control does not work, continue to step5.
5) Replace the batteries in the remote control pad with new batteries.
(Important : Make sure to insert the new batteries.)
6) If the remote control works, your original batteries are dead. Continue using with new batteries. If the remote control pad does not work, there may be something wrong with the remote control pad or with the remote control sensor on the TV. Continue to step7.
To test tour remote control pad and the remote control sensor, perform one of the following tests:
Digital Camera test or
Another remote control pad on this TV.
Digital Camera test
If you have ant digital camera (including a camera phone), you can test any remote. To test the remote, follow these steps:
1) Turn your camera on.
2) Aim the remote control pad at the lens of the camera from about 6-10 inches away.
3) Press any button on the remote control pad. You will see the Infra Red eye of the remote control pad flashing on the LCD screen of tour camera if the remote control is working properly.
4) If the above test indicated the remote control pad is working, the problem is in the remote control sensor on the TV. If the above test indicated that remote control is not working, you have a defective remote control pad.
Test Another Remote on this TV
If the TV has another remote control pad that is known to work on this TV, you can test that remote control pad on the TV. To test a second remote control pad on the TV, follow these steps:
1) Make sure that the second remote control pad is in the TV mode.
2) Press [Power] on the remote control pad and see if it turns the TV on.
If the TV turns on, the problem is in your Samsung remote control pad. If the TV does not turn on, the problem is in the remote control sensor.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
From 08:00AM – 10:00PM All week Days
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .