What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following types of information from you in connection with the BQMS & VERS Services:
• information you provide directly during the registration process: your name, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, fax number, language, your employer and your position, and your chosen ID and password (or any modifications you make to this information) and date of birth, if you choose to provide it;
• information you provide on behalf of the vendor on whose behalf you are authorized to use BQMS & VERS Services to register with us (the “Vendor” ) and to enable us to provide BQMS & VERS Services: name, telephone number, email address, directorships and career history of the Vendor CEO or managing director;
• data about your use of the BQMS & VERS Services, including the time, frequency and duration of your use; the status of any proposals, bids or offers submitted via BQMS & VERS Services, or correspondence that you send or deliver to us via BQMS & VERS Services;
• information on the device you use to access BQMS & VERS Services: hardware model, IMEI number, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access the BQMS & VERS Services;
How do we use your information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes and with the following legal bases:
• to verify the information you have provided or we have collected (about you or the Vendor) which is our legitimate interest of maintaining a high level of security throughout the bidding or quotation process (GDPR article 6 (1) (f);
• to evaluate the suitability of the proposals that you or the Vendor submit using the BQMS & VERS Services, and the projects that you complete to our legitimate interest in building sustainable relationships with existing vendors, and to offer opportunities to new vendors (GDPR article 6 (1) (b) and article 6 (1) (f);
• to provide the BQMS & VERS Services you (or the Vendor) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device to allow you to use the BQMS & VERS Services, including managing proposal and projects and processing payments for matters initiated via BQMS & VERS Services, and respond to your questions or requests for information (GDPR article 6 (1) (b) and article 6 (1) (c);
• our legitimate interest in maintaining our services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on BQMS & VERS Services (GDPR article 6 (1) (f);
• otherwise, if you have expressly consented to us using the information (GDPR article 6 (1) (a)).
To whom do we disclose your information?
We do not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. However, we may share your information with the following entities:
• Samsung affiliates;
• third parties when necessary to provide you with requested products and services. For example, we may disclose your payment data to financial institutions as appropriate to process transactions that you have requested;
• companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with the billing process;
• other parties:(i) to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); (ii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Business Services; (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; (iv) as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy; and (v) with other third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal information we collect in connection with the BQMS & VERS Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Where do we transfer your information?
Your use or participation in BQMS & VERS Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence and outside of the EEA. In particular, your personal information will be transferred to the Republic of Korea. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. In such case, we will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected. Such measures include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to safeguard the transfer of data outside of the EEA. To request more information or to obtain a copy of the contractual agreements in place, contact us through the section Contact us.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted under any contract or by applicable law.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to exercise your right to access, rectification, deletion/erasure, object, restrict processing, portability or consent withdrawal, please contact us by using the email above.
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU Supervisory Authorities can be found here. If you are located in Norway, you may find further information on https://www.datatilsynet.no/.