Which schools are eligible to participate in the Student Category?
A:Full-time Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) students from School of Business Management, School of Information Technology, and School of Interactive & Digital Media.
Q:Who is eligible to participate in the Open Category?
You don’t have to be a “hacker” to attend a hackathon.
There’s more to a project than just coding! You may participate as an individual,
or form a team of maximum 4 people to plan, design, and develop for the F&B industry.
To better deliver your concept and create your software application, your team is recommended to consist of at least 1 developer to create the app or solution,
and 1 member to assess and plan for the business aspect.
Q:Am I eligible for the Student Category if I am a student from other Institutes?
A:No. However, you may participate as an individual or in a group under the Open Category.
Q:What is the maximum number of members per team?
A maximum of 4 members per team.
Each participant must individually register his/her participation in the Competition and submit all the required fields before the registration closing date and time,
or before the registration reaches the Competition's full capacity, whichever is earlier.
Q:When is the registration period?
Q:What do I need to submit for the pre-qualification round?
- Company background information for Open Category (MS Word format, 100 words)
Team background information for Student Category (MS Word format, 100 words)
- Two-page brief proposal^ (MS Word - Font size 12, single line space) which shall include:
- Problem Statement to be addressed
- Summary of the proposed solution (100 words)
- Relevance and impact of proposed solution to F&B business challenges
- Key differentiator/unique selling proposition of your proposal
- Team profile
- Max. 5-slide presentation deck in PPT format containing the above information
Upload the document at www.samsung.com/sg/business/dcode
before 30th Mar 2018, 23:00 hours.
Team is allowed to make edits or changes to the proposal before the closing date.
Q:There is a technical glitch when I upload my pre-qualification documents, what can I do?
A:Please email the documents to email@example.com
(titled “Pre-qualification for Samsung D/Code F&B Hackathon”) by 30th Mar 2018, 23:00 hours.
Q:How do I know if I am selected to move on to the next round?
A:The Samsung team will communicate to you our decision made at every phase through email and/or phone.
For finalist or winner announcement dates, please refer to the website - www.samsung.com/sg/business/dcode.
Q:What are the proposal submission requirements?
- All deliverables must be done in English.
- The presentations must be done in PowerPoint 2010 edition or later versions.
- Each team may make only one Submission.
- All Submission(s) must be original work. Any form of plagiarism or copying is not allowed.
- All Submission(s) must be new. Any work that has been submitted for other competitions (whether in Singapore or overseas) or has been used for commercial purposes and/or has been published in any media will not be accepted. For more details please refer to the submission requirements under Terms and Conditions.
Q:Where do I write in for business proposal clarifications or technical enquiries?
Samsung shall not be responsible for entries that are lost or contain corrupted data due to whatever reasons.
which can be found at www.samsung.com/sg/business/dcode
in order to administer the Competition for Samsung's marketing and promotional purposes,
to attribute you as the inventor/author of the invention/work that you create for the purposes of the Competition,
administer assignment of the rights in the invention or work to Samsung (if applicable) and/or for workshops organised by the sponsors of the Competition (the “Purposes”).