Untap your computer's potential
The Samsung SSD 850 EVO elevates the everyday computing experience to a higher level of performance and endurance than was ever imagined. Powered by Samsung's unmatched V-NAND technology, no wonder the 850 EVO is the best-selling* SSD for everyday computing. Designed for mainstream desktop PCs and laptops, the 850 EVO comes in a wide range of capacities and form factors.
* Based on 850 EVO revenues in US and EU5
The 850 EVO optimizes performance for your daily computing tasks, boasting sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s with TurboWrite technology and sequential read speeds up to 540 MB/s. Plus, RAPID mode further boosts performance for up to 2x faster* data processing speeds on a system level by utilizing unused PC memory as cache storage.
* These results were determined by PCMARK®7 testing with scores of 7,519 and 19,506 with RAPID mode off and on using a 2.5-inch 500 GB drive. PCMark is the registered trademark if Futuremark Corporation.
Guaranteed endurance and reliability
The Samsung 850 EVO maintains high performance and enhanced endurance, and provides a limited warranty of 5 years or 75 to 300 terabytes written (TBW)*. For security, the 850 EVO is equipped with an AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine which does not cause any performance degradation and is compliant with advanced security management solutions, such as IEEE 1667 and TCG Opal. Plus, Dynamic Thermal Guard protects it from overheating.
* 5 years or TBW (250 GB: 75 TBW; 500 GB/1 TB: 150 TBW, 2/4 TB: 300 TBW), whichever comes first.
Capacities range up to 4 TB
More variety gives you more options that are just right for your needs. Samsung offers the 850 EVO in a full range of capacities up to 4 TB* – the industry’s first 4 TB SSD for client PCs, which enables you to store more data on a single SSD.
* Capacities up to 1TB are offered for mSATA and SATA-based M.2
Multiple form factors for almost any need
Samsung has designed the 850 EVO in multiple form factors to fit a variety of computers. You may choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing applications.
- Application Client PCs
- Capacity 2000 GB (1GB=1 Billionbyte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor 2.5 inch
- Interface SATA 6Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s interface
- Dimension (WxHxD) 100 X 69.85 X 6.8 (mm)
- Weight Max 66.0g
- Storage Memory Samsung 32 layer 3D V-NAND
- Controller Samsung MHX Controller
- Cache Memory Samsung 2GB Low Power DDR3 SDRAM
- TRIM Support TRIM Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support S.M.A.R.T Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection) Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support AES 256 bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN Support World Wide Name supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support Yes
- Sequential Read Up to 540 MB/sec Sequential Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write Up to 520 MB/sec Sequential Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32) Up to 98,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32) Up to 90,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD1) Up to 10,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD1) Up to 40,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Average Power Consumption (system level) *Average: 4.7 Watts *Maximum: 7.2 Watts (Burst mode)* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Power consumption (Idle) Max. 60mWatts *Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Allowable Voltage 5V ± 5% Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF) 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature 0 - 70 ℃
- Shock 1,500G & 0.5ms (Half sine)
- Installation Kit Not Available
- Management SW Magician Software for SSD management
- 5 Years Limited Warranty or 150TBW Limited Warranty
*Images are for illustration purposes only.
*Features and Specifications are accurate at time of launch and are subject to change without prior notification.
SSD 850 EVO SATA III 2.5 inch 2 TB (MZ-75E2T0BW)
2018.06.27Magician Software Open Source Announcement ver 1.0
2018.06.27Magician Software ver 5.2
2018.06.27Magician Software User Manual ver 5.2
2018.05.29Data Migration Tool ver 3.1
2018.05.29Data Migration Tool User Manual ver 3.1
2017.11.13Firmware File(850 EVO) ver EMT02B6Q
2017.11.13Firmware File(850 EVO) ver EMT02B6Q