Always Evolving SSD
The ultimate in performance, upgraded. Faster than the 970 EVO, the 970 EVO Plus is powered by the latest V-NAND technology and firmware optimization. It maximizes the potential of NVMe bandwidth for unbeatable computing. Available in capacities up to 2TB*.
*1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes by IDEMA. A certain portion of capacity may be used for system file and maintenance use, so the actual capacity may differ from what is indicated on the product label.
Level up Performance
The 970 EVO Plus reaches sequential read/write speeds up to 3,500/3,300 MB/s*, up to 57% faster than the 970 EVO**. The latest V-NAND technology — which brings greater NAND performance and higher power efficiency — along with optimized firmware, a Phoenix controller, and Intelligent TurboWrite boost speed.
*Performances may vary depending on SSD’s firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Performance measurements based on IOmeter 1.1.0. The write performances were measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are: 400 MB/s(250GB), 900 MB/s(500GB), 1,700 MB/s(1TB) and 1,750 MB/s(2TB). Test system configuration: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @4.2GHz, DDR4 2400MHz 32GB, OS-Windows 10 Built 10240, Chipset–ASUS PRIME Z270-A.
**Up to 57 percent performance increase for sequential write speed for 250GB version
The next advancement in NVMe SSD. The 970 EVO Plus fits up to 2TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components. Samsung's innovative technology empowers you with the capacity to do more and accomplish more.
The new standard in sustainable performance. Get up to 1,200 TBW* with a 5-year limited warranty** for lasting performance. The 970 EVO Plus provides exceptional endurance powered by the latest V-NAND technology and Samsung’s quality.* TBW: Terabytes Written. Warrantied TBW for 970 EVO Plus: 150 TBW for 250GB model, 300 TBW for 500GB model, 600 TBW for 1TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2TB model.
** 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Achieve a new level of drive confidence. Samsung’s advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO Plus enable superior heat dissipation. The Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops.
Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Application Client PCs
- Capacity 500GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor M.2 (2280)
- Interface PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4, NVMe 1.3
- Dimension (WxHxD) 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
- Weight Max 8.0 g Weight
- Storage Memory Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- Controller Samsung Phoenix Controller
- Cache Memory Samsung 512MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection) Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN Support Not supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support Yes
- Sequential Read Up to 3,500 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write Up to 3,200 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32) Up to 480,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32) Up to 550,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD1) Up to 19,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD1) Up to 60,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Average Power Consumption (system level) * Average: 5.8 W * Maximum: 9 W (Burst mode) * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Power consumption (Idle) Max. 30 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Allowable Voltage 3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF) 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature 0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Installation Kit Not Available
- Management SW Magician Software for SSD management
- 5-Year Limited Warrantyor 300 TBW Limited Warranty
*Images are for illustration purposes only.
*Features and Specifications are accurate at time of launch and are subject to change without prior notification.
970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB (MZ-V7S500BW)
2020.06.11NVMe Driver ver 3.3
2020.06.11NVMe Driver Installation Guide ver 3.3
2020.11.11Data Migration Tool User Manual ver 4.0.3
2020.11.11Magician Software ver 6.2.1
2020.11.11Magician Software User Manual ver 6.2.1
2020.11.11Data Migration Tool ver 4.0.3
2019.12.27Magician Software Open Source Announcement ver 6.2.1