Enhanced Enterprise Security with Knox
Samsung Knox is a security platform built from the chip up for easy manageability. Certified by government bodies and reported the most “Strong” mobile security platform by Gartner1, Knox keep hackers out and your data is safe from the second you turn it on. Plus, Knox Workspace2 seamlessly integrates into your existing or desired EMM solution. Separate personal and work partitioning containers allow employees to store and share confidential files across your network in a secure manner, while freely accessing personal apps for an optimal user experience.
1Samsung Knox received the most ‘Strong’ ratings of any mobile security platform in the report “Mobile Device Security: A Comparison of Platforms” from Gartner, Inc. The report, published on April 6, 2016, compared the core of security features built into twelve mobile device platforms as well as enterprise management capabilities.
2 Knox Workspace is available only with an additional licensing fee.
The 1.6 GHz octa-core processor and 3GB of RAM provide powerful performance to maximize workflow automation. With up to 13 hours * of long lasting battery life you can keep working on your business tasks even when you are on the move.
*Based on Samsung’s internal test results, and on Samsung’s usage standard for regular everyday use. Dependent on network, SIM card, usage, settings, battery condition and other surrounding factors and conditions.
Optimised Viewing Experience
The 10.1” WUXGA display delivers life-like image quality, allowing for optimized viewing and improved readability – a boon for business users who need to relay their product and service information to clients effectively.
* Samsung book cover accessory sold separately.
Productivity-boosting S Pen
Increase your productivity with the upgraded features of the Tab A 10.1 with S Pen. Use Air Command to edit or capture content fast. Make use of a wide range of other features – such as quick notes and electronic signatures.
The 2MP front/8MP rear-facing camera with autofocus enables virtual efficiencies through video-conferencing software. Access people at any time, from anywhere — to create new opportunities for communication.
Multi-user Mode lets up to eight people customize a Tab A 10.1" device with their own apps and home screens. Switching users is a breeze, and the function allows your business to get even more out of a single tablet.
Customisation for Purpose-built Device
Samsung Knox Customisation* provides a set of tools and services to address specific industry needs. Customize your device using professional Kiosk Mode and software rebranded for your specific business needs. Set apps to auto-launch or have your business logo appear on booting and home screens – another boost for your brand value.
*Samsung Knox Customization is available only with an additional licensing fee.
Streamlined Bulk Device Enrollment
Knox Mobile Enrollment* minimises time-consuming device configuration and management in large volumes. Add new devices to your MDM with a few clicks. Just turn on the device, connect to Wi-Fi®, and your MDM profile will start loading.
*Availability of Knox Mobile Enrollment may vary depending on MDM solution.
Extended Business Usability
With Multi Window, employees can open two applications side by side* and toggle between tasks, including e-mail, scheduling, internet, and more, as well as easily resize each window. Plus, with expandable memory* of up to 256GB, you can save even more of your favorite documents, photos, and videos.
* For selected applications only.
* microSD card sold separately .
Simple Device Paring and Content Sharing
Expand your viewing perspective with Galaxy Tab A (2016, 10.1") with S Pen. Simply connect via Quick Connect* to share and watch content between your tablet and compatible Samsung TV seamlessly without the hassle of messy wiring – ideal for use in meetings and presentations.
*Requires Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi® Direct connectivity to the connected Samsung devices. Supported devices may vary, please check individual product user manual for details. Screen mirroring from TV to Galaxy Tab A (2016, 10.1") with S Pen is only compatible for 2015 and 2016 models of Samsung SMART TV 5500 series and above. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance
- Android 6.0
- CPU Speed 1.6GHz
- CPU Type Octa Core
- Size (Main Display) 10.1" (255.4mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
- Technology (Main Display) TFT LCD
- Colour Depth (Main Display) 16M
- S Pen Support Yes
- Main Camera - Resolution CMOS 8.0MP
- Main Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution CMOS 2.0MP
- Main Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps
- RAM Size (GB) 3 GB
- ROM Size (GB) 16 GB
- Available Memory Size (GB) 10.3 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 256GB)
- Multi-SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4FF)
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD, 4G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1 (2100MHz), B3 (1800MHz), B5 (850MHz), B7 (2600MHz), B8 (900MHz), B28 (700MHz)
- 4G TDD LTE B38 (2600MHz), B40 (2300MHz)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5mm
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi® 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4+5GHz), VHT80
- Wi-Fi Direct® Yes
- Bluetooth® Version Bluetooth® 4.2
- NFC No
- Bluetooth® Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Form Factor Tablet
- Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 254.3 x 164.2 x 8.2
- Weight (g) 558
- Internet Usage Time (3G) (Hours) Up to 13
- Internet Usage Time (LTE) (Hours) Up to 13
- Internet Usage Time (Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 14
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 13
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 7300
- Removable No
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 154
- Talk Time (4G LTE) (Hours) Up to 43
- Talk Time (4G LTE) (Hours) Up to 49
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @60fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Services and Applications
- S-Voice No
- Mobile TV No
* Key feature may different from Key Spec.
* User Available Memory: User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
* Network: The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider.
* Battery: Actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged, and many other factors.
Network : Actual network bandwidth(s) supported by the device may vary depending on the region and service provider.
Dimension : Size and weight may vary by the device's configuration and manufacturing process.
Galaxy Tab A (2016, 10.1") with S Pen (SM-P585YZWAXSP)
2017.06.23User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.0
(SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia))
2017.06.12Safety Guide ver 1.8.1
(ENGLISH, SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia), INDONESIAN, THAI, VIETNAMESE)
2017.05.30User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.0
2016.09.27User Manual(Marshmallow) ver 1.0
2016.09.27User Manual(Marshmallow) ver 1.0
(SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia))