Galaxy Tab Active2 (8.0", LTE)
Ruggedised Design with built-in durability
Keep your attention on the work at hand, not the cost of replacement. The Galaxy Tab Active2 features a firm, non-slip grip even in extreme construction environments while its ruggedized, anti-shock back cover is designed to withstand accidental drops as it adheres to MIL-STD 810G standards.
*MIL-STD 810G is a standardized form of testing designed by the US Military to accurately assess device limitations. Testing methods include a drop test on a plywood impact surface over concrete from a height of 1.2 meters.
Water and Dust Resistance
The Galaxy Tab Active2 and S Pen are both IP68 rated to shield against the harsh outdoor challenges that field engineers face and the rigorous pace of indoor office environments, including condensation, accidental spills, and damaging dust.
*Galaxy Tab Active2 and S Pen are rated IP68, meaning they are both protected against dust ingress and are water resistant. Water resistance rating is based on test conditions of submersion in up to 1.5 meters of static fresh water for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary. Note: IP68 rating does not mean that the device is waterproof.
Uninterrupted power to handle the pressure of deadlines. With its easily replaceable, long-lasting battery - the Galaxy Tab Active2 delivers seamless usage. When out-of-office, it keeps you on the move for a long time.
Advanced S Pen Experience
Do more and work faster with the powerful, built-in S Pen and innovative multitasking capabilities. The S Pen brings precise input options with enhanced pressure sensitivity (4,096 pressure level) for e-Signature to ensure seamless digital sign off to seal your business deals. The Air Command grants quick and easy access to useful applications. You can now take notes in meetings without unlocking your screen, craft handwritten messages and edit PDF documents while on the road.
Convenient Biometric Authentication
Unlock with a look. Samsung’s Biometric Authentication includes Face Recognition, which helps to keep one hand free while unlocking your device and fingerprint scanning to guarantee advanced and convenient data protection.
AR Experience for Enterprise Use
The future of work is here. With added gyroscope and geomagnetic sensors to enhance user experience, the Galaxy Tab Active2 helps field engineers to better visualise at site inspection. It also allows managers to make use of virtual training to provide on-the-job training to staffs with in-depth, interactive visual representation of the tasks at hand.
*Images are for illustrative purposes only. Availability of service may vary by third-party solutions.
For enhanced work performance, the Galaxy Tab Active2 features 3GB RAM and a 1.6GHz Octa-core processor powerful enough to speed up usage when performing multiple tasks such as real-time data management and on-board navigation. It can also handle AR applications to optimize productivity levels.
Enhanced Camera Functionality
Managing and searching has never been so easy. Utilizing barcode reading, the Galaxy Tab Active2 with NFC sensor allows you to expedite tasks effectively whether you are in logistics supply chain or transportation industry. An improved 8MP AF rear camera and a 5MP front camera enable ID and passport scanning for identification checks.
*Images are for illustrative purposes only. Barcode reading functionality requires manual download of compatible third-party app. Availability of apps may vary by country and features will vary depending on the app downloaded.
Improved Pogo Pin Compatibility
An essential business tool to improve work productivity, its built-in POGO pin eliminates the need for pairing and provides convenient charging at docking stations without damaging your USB Type-C connectors. You can also connect your keyboard with its new additional pins for data signals to replace your PC experience.
*Docking Stations and Keyboard are third-party accessories and are sold separately.
Defence-grade Mobile Security Solution
Reliable protection to steer day-to-day operations well away from incriminating intrusion. Samsung Knox 2.8 is a multi-layered, defence-grade mobile security platform that utilises fingerprint recognition to safeguard your device at multiple levels and ensure sensitive client data avoid ending up in the wrong hands.
*Knox Container is optional.
**TIMA stands for TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture.
***Knox 2.8 will be the version made available at the time of product launch.
Purpose-built Device Customisation
Knox Customization offers professional kiosk mode, UX optimization, device configuration, rebranded software that allows businesses to customize and deploy end-to-end mobile solutions. It provides easy and cost-effective mobile solutions to manage your device for unique business needs.
*Knox Customization is an optional paid service.
*Images are for illustrative purposes only.
- CPU Speed 1.6GHz
- CPU Type Octa Core
- Size (Main Display) 8.0" (203.1mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 1280 x 800 (WXGA)
- Technology (Main Display) TFT LCD
- Colour Depth (Main Display) 16M
- S Pen Support Yes
- Main Camera - Resolution 8.0 MP
- Main Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution 5.0 MP
- Main Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps
- RAM Size (GB) 3
- ROM Size (GB) 16 GB
- Available Memory Size (GB) 9.9 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 256GB)
- Number of SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4FF)
- SIM Slot Type SIM 1 + MicroSD
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD, 4G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1 (2100MHz), B2 (1900MHz), B3 (1800MHz), B4 (AWS), B5 (850MHz), B7 (2600MHz), B8 (900MHz), B17 (700MHz), B20 (800MHz), B28 (700MHz)
- 4G TDD LTE B38 (2600MHz), B40 (2300MHz)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5mm
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi® 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5GHz
- Wi-Fi Direct® Yes
- Bluetooth® Version Bluetooth® 4.2
- NFC Yes
- Bluetooth® Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Android 7.1
- Form Factor Tablet
- Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 127.6 x 214.7 x 9.9
- Weight (g) 419
- Internet Usage Time (3G) (Hours) Up to 9
- Internet Usage Time (LTE) (Hours) Up to 11
- Internet Usage Time (Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 11
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 11
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 4450
- Removable Yes
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 78
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 25
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DSF
Services and Applications
- S-Voice No
- Mobile TV No
* Key feature may different from Key Spec.
* User Available Memory: User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
* Network: The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider.
* Battery: Actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged, and many other factors.
Network : Actual network bandwidth(s) supported by the device may vary depending on the region and service provider.
Dimension : Size and weight may vary by the device's configuration and manufacturing process.
Galaxy Tab Active2 (8.0", LTE) (SM-T395NZKAXSP)
2019.07.31User Manual(Pie) ver 1.0
(SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia))
2019.07.15User Manual(Pie) ver 1.0
2018.12.17User Manual(Oreo) ver 1.0
(SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia))
2018.11.15User Manual(Oreo) ver 1.0
2018.01.16User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.0
(SIMPLIFIED CHINESE(S.E Asia))
2017.10.13User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.0