Terms and Conditions
Launching People #BeFearless Campaign (#BeFearless) ("Campaign")
By entering this Campaign, you (the "Participant" or “you”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any information or instructions included on Samsung #BeFearless Campaign Page
(https://www.samsung.com/sg/launchingpeople) (the "Campaign Page") form part of these terms and conditions.
A. Campaign Period
The Campaign period is from 10:00 a.m. (Singapore Standard Time, SST) of December 8th, 2016 to 23:59 p.m. (SST) of January 4th, 2017, subject to change at the sole discretion of Samsung ("Campaign Period").
- This Campaign is open to person(s) with valid email address who must be at least 18 years of age and is a legal resident of Singapore at the time of entry. The entry shall be considered void where the above stated eligibility terms are not met or where prohibited by law.
- The following individuals are not eligible to enter this Campaign:
- Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Samsung, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, distributors, web designers, advertising agencies, fulfillment, insurance agencies, judging, and campaign agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Campaign (“Related Persons”);
- The immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and spouse or “step-relative” of each) and those living in the same households of each such Related Persons; and
- Persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any campaign run by or on behalf of Samsung.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Campaign.
- Participant represents and warrants that he/she fully meets and complies with all requirements of eligibility as defined here above and that, by entering this campaign he/she is not violating any law and regulations of the country where he/she resides. If any violation of the terms regarding eligibility is discovered, Samsung in its sole discretion may immediately terminate your participation in the Campaign without further notice.
C. How to enter
- There is no fee for entering this Campaign. However, you must have access to the Internet as the Campaign can only be entered online. Except where expressly provided herein, each Participant must bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in this Campaign.
- To enter this Campaign, during the Campaign Period, go to Campaign Page at https://www.samsung.com/sg/launchingpeople to submit your story that relates to the relevant fear(s) indicated on the Campaign Page, in accordance with the instructions and with all required details duly filled in. Any entries submitted after the Campaign Period, or submitted through any other means other than the Campaign Page, will not be eligible for the Campaign.
- The Participant must complete the appropriate registration process on and by the date(s) and at the time(s) as instructed on the Campaign Page to be eligible to participate in this Campaign.
D. Participant Selection Process
- During the Campaign Period, Samsung will review the Participants’ stories to select the final candidates; such selection procedure is subject to the sole discretion of Samsung.
- Total of ten finalists (five per fear) will be selected after conducting interviews with the selected candidates.
- The finalists will be entitled to participate in a VR experience for 5 weeks (January 5th ~ February 8th 2017) in relation to their respective fears (the “VR Experience”). Refusal, inability or unavailability to participate in the VR Experience will result in disqualification, and the next best entry/ Participant will be selected by Samsung at its sole discretion.
- The 10 finalists will each receive a set of Samsung products consisting of a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge worth $1,098, Samsung Gear VR worth $148 and Samsung Gear S3 worth $548.
- Upon completion of the VR Experience, two global finalists (one per fear) will be selected based on how well they have overcome their fears, and be invited to join the global finale to be held in New York City. Such selection procedure is subject to the sole discretion of Samsung.
- One story submission each will be selected for feature on Samsung’s social channels as per below phases. Samsung will review the Participants’ stories to select the featured stories; such selection procedure is subject to the sole discretion of Samsung. Featured submissions stand to win a Samsung Gear S3 worth $548.
- Phase 1: 8 Dec 2016 to 14 Dec 2016
- Phase 2: 15 Dec 2016 to 21 Dec 2016
- Phase 3: 22 Dec 2016 to 28 Dec 2016
- Phase 4: 29 Dec 2016 to 4 Jan 2017
E. Notification of Selected Candidates
- Selected finalists will be contacted via email address provided by the Participant when registering online on the Campaign Page.
- Selected finalists will have 3 days from the date of the email notification to provide their contact information (phone number and address) for Samsung to arrange for their interview.
- If the finalist is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to provide additional information within the required time frame, the candidate will be disqualified without further notice.
- Selected Participants for featured stories will be contacted via email address provided by the Participant when registering online on the Campaign Page.
- Selected Participants for featured stories will have 3 days from the date of the email notification to provide their contact information (phone number and address) for Samsung to arrange for their prize redemption.
- If the selected Participants for featured stories are unreachable, ineligible, or fails to provide additional information within the required time frame, the candidate will be disqualified without further notice.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Campaign constitutes each Participant’s irrevocable consent that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use Participant's name, personal information, likeness, appearance, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical and residential information, hometown, state or other personal identifiable information, and entry (or any part thereof) in connection with this Campaign and/or for any promotional purposes, in any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook and YouTube, at Samsung's sole direction, without any payment or consideration and without any obligation of attribution or consent. Each Participant grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including without limitation in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/ video recordings taken in respect of the Campaign.
- Each Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Campaign.
- Each Participant consents and agrees that his/her entry may be made available by Samsung for viewing and commenting on by the public, and that comments or ratings that he/she disagrees with or is unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with the entry.
G. Privacy and Data Protection
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or otherwise for the purposes of operating the Campaign, the details and information provided by Participants when entering the Campaign will not be used or passed on to any third parties for any other purposes.
H. General Conditions
- Samsung reserves the right to alter, amend, suspend, terminate or withdraw the Campaign or these terms and conditions at its sole discretion at any time and without prior notification to Participants.
- By accessing the Campaign Page, you are communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, you agree to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate with you by email at the email address provided by you or posting notices on the Campaign Page or any other website that may be generally designated in advance for such purpose. You consent to receiving electronically all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides to you.
- Participants shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to the Campaign.
- As a condition of this Campaign, where required by Samsung, Participants shall enter into a separate agreement in writing setting out all other applicable terms and conditions, including any confidentiality obligations and intellectual property ownership rights. Further where required by Samsung, Participants shall enter into a separate agreement in writing setting out any terms of participation in the VR Experience.
- Samsung reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participants who are deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or any website of Samsung or Samsung’s partners; (b) violating these terms and conditions; (c) acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person; or (d) acting with intent to defame or damage the image and/or reputation of Samsung, Samsung’s partners and/or Samsung’s products .
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Samsung reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Samsung's failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- This Campaign shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and each Participant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- If, for any reason, the Campaign is not capable of running as planned due to, including but without limitation to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Campaign, Samsung reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, delay, modify, or terminate the Campaign without any prior notice.
- Samsung, its agents, and sub-contractors make no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be responsible for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any online network, system, server, provider, or for any other situations otherwise in which may result in any contents or entry into the Campaign not being properly recorded or uploaded, or otherwise interfere with the ability to participate in the Campaign.
- Each Participant warrants and represents that (i) all works comprised in the entry are his/her own original work and do not copy, or incorporate the work of any third party and that use of the entry by Samsung or its affiliates will not infringe intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights or interest; (ii) his/her entry does not contain anything that may be deemed by Samsung to be offensive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, hateful, harassing or threatening or otherwise illegal, offensive or objectionable. Each Participant shall not submit or publish any entry(ies) that solicits funds or includes programs that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other programmes designed to impair the operation and functionality of the Campaign Page or websites linked to the Campaign Page. Samsung reserves the right to moderate the entries and to report such violations to the authorities if deemed necessary.
- Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prize(s) to other prize(s) of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash. Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner.
- By entering into this Campaign, Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Samsung, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees and customers from and against any claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees) by a third party relating to the use of the entry by Samsung or its affiliates or licensees or arising out of Participant's breach of these Terms.
- Samsung shall not be liable for any disruption to the Campaign, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the Campaign, Samsung will use its reasonable endeavors to remedy the disruption and resume the Campaign on a fair and equitable basis to the Participants.
- The decision of Samsung in relation to all matters and disputes relating to this Campaign, including without limitation the results, is final and binding on all Participants, andno correspondence or further claims will be entertained.
- Samsung is not responsible for entries that are lost, misplaced, misdirected, illegible, late, mutilated or altered. Any complaints on missing and/or delayed submissions shall not be entertained.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Limitations of Liability.
EXCEPT FOR ANY APPLICABLE LIABILITIES OR REMEDIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER LOCAL APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL SAMSUNG (AND RELATED PERSONS) BE LIABLE TO PARTICIPANTS, AND PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE SAMSUNG FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, FOR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, CORRUPTION OF FILES, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) EVEN IF SAMSUNG (AND RELATED PERSONS) HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Promoter: Samsung Asia Pte. Ltd. (SAPL), 30 Pasir Panjang Road, # 17-31/32 Mapletree Business City, Singapore, 117440 (Please do not send correspondence to this address)