Up to 2,800 MB/s
Professionalism at its finest
Samsung Portable SSD X5
Elevate your storage tasks to ultimate heights on PCs and Macs with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports*. The X5 is designed for tech savvy professionals who want to render or compile high resolution contents faster** than ever. Its thermal management and password protection offer both comfort and security.
* Only compatible with Macs and Windows PCs with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, macOS X Sierra (10.12 or higher) Windows 10 64bit RS 2 or higher. Not compatible with PCs only with USB interface.
**Compared with USB 3.1
Wield the power of Thunderbolt™ 3
Thunderbolt™ 3 and NVMe Express® Interface
The X5 is here to quench your thirst for advanced technology. Thunderbolt™ 3 delivers the fastest bandwidth up to 40 Gb/s that brings lightning speed and performance. Equipped with the astonishing speed of NVMe Express® interface, the X5 assists with handling heavier data at faster* speeds.
* Compared with USB 3.1
Never slow down again
Data transfer speed
Spend more time being creative. The X5’s read/write speeds of up to 2,800/2,300 MB/s* are 5.2x/4.5x faster than a Portable SSD with SATA interface and 25.5x/20.9x faster than an external HDD**. The X5 lets you transfer a 20GB 4K UHD video from your PC to the X5 in just 12 seconds.**
* Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum read/write speeds of 2,800/2,300 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support Thunderbolt™ 3. Test system configuration: Dell Alienware System(Dee i7 Alienware 17 R5), OS - Win 10 x64, CPU - Intel® Core™ i7 8570H(@4.1GHz), Memory - DDR4 , 16 GB 2667 MHz, BM Tool - CDM 5.1.2
** Based on the internal comparison test with a Samsung external HDD 1TB (HX-MK20P12) and a Samsung Portable SSD 1TB (T5). Performance of the PC Internal storage should be equal to or greater than X5. Test system configuration: Motherboard-Asus Strix Z270E Gaming, Intel® Core i5-7600 @3.5 GHz, DDR4 1066MHz 4GB, OS-Window 10x64.
Outshine them all
You’re special, so is the X5. Inspired by a supercar, its dynamic and streamlined shape highlights speed and a glossy top boasts premium quality. The practical matte bottom prevents slips when held. Enjoy maximized portability and optimized design equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
Built to be cool and durable
Thermal Management Technology
Never worry about heat. The X5’s DTG (Dynamic Thermal Guard) technology helps maintain optimal performance and temperature, and a heat sink keeps surface temperature below 45°C*. Its body has no moving parts and is reinforced with magnesium alloy that can even withstand a 2m drop**.
* Based on data evaluated at room temperature. It may vary depending on the ambient temperature.
**The internal free fall shock test was conducted under controlled conditions.
Protect your data
Optional Password Protection via AES 256-bit Encryption*
Secure your private information and intellectual property. The optional password protection based on AES 256-bit Encryption securely protects your data. For added peace of mind, a 3-year warranty** is provided.
* Samsung Portable SSD Software: Compatible with T5 and X5. However, software updates for X5 are only supported on Windows PCs.
** Samsung Electronics shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to loss of data or other information contained on Samsung Electronics product or loss of profit or revenue which may be incurred by user. For more information on the warranty, please visit www.samsung.com/portable-ssd.
- ThunderboltTM 3 (40Gbps) Interface
- Sequential Read : Up to 2,800 MB/sec, Sequential Write : Up to 2,300 MB/sec Transfer Speed
How It Stacks Up
* Key feature may different from Key Spec
All images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Please check in-stores for more details.
Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
The NVM Express® design mark is a registered trademark of NVM Express, Inc.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.