Singapore – 24 August 2017 – Samsung Electronics Singapore introduces the Galaxy Note8, the next level Note for people who want to do bigger things. With the Galaxy Note8, consumers get a bigger Infinity Display that fits comfortably in one hand, S Pen to communicate in more personal ways, and Samsung's best-ever smartphone camera1 to capture stunning photos. The Galaxy Note8 is designed for the way consumers lead their lives and lean on technology today.
"The Galaxy Note8 is inspired by the Note community's passion and we want to thank them for their support. With this device, we hope to welcome more consumers into the special Galaxy Note community," said Lee Jui Siang, President, Samsung Electronics Singapore. "Some of the key features in the new Galaxy Note8, such as the best-in-class Dual Camera and enhanced S Pen, are designed to help users push boundaries and do bigger things."
Samsung first introduced the Note series in 2011. Since then, a community of enthusiasts emerged through their affinity for the Note's signature expansive screen and S Pen. According to Samsung market research2, 85 percent of Note users say they're proud to show off their Note and recommend it to friends, and 75 percent say it's the best phone they've ever had.
Enjoy and Do More on the Infinity Display
Featuring a 6.3-inch3 Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display4 that allows users to see more and scroll less, the Galaxy Note8 has the biggest screen ever on a Note device, yet its narrow body makes it comfortable to hold in one hand. With the new Galaxy Note8, users are equipped with more room to watch, read and draw—making it the ultimate multitasking smartphone.
Note users have long been able to do more with the Multi Window function. The new App Pair feature lets users create a custom pair of apps on the Edge panel and simultaneously launch two apps with ease. With this new feature, consumers can watch a video while messaging their friends or dial into a conference call with the number and agenda in front of them.
A New Way to Communicate with the S Pen
Since its introduction, the S Pen has been one of the Note's defining features. With the Galaxy Note8, the enhanced S Pen unlocks entirely new ways to write, draw, and interact with the phone and communicate with friends. It has a finer tip, improved pressure sensitivity5, and features such as Live Messaging that enable users to express themselves in ways that no other stylus or smartphone ever has.
When communicating with text just isn't enough, Live Message allows user to reveal their unique personality and tell expressive stories. With the Galaxy Note8, users can now share animated texts or drawings across platforms that support animated GIFs (AGIF). It's a whole new way to communicate with the S Pen—adding lively and emotional connections that bring messages to life.
The Always On Display allows Galaxy users to stay on top of their notifications without unlocking their phone. And with the Galaxy Note8, it's even more powerful. Screen off memo allows users to take up to one-hundred pages of notes as soon as they remove the S Pen. Users can also pin notes to the Always On Display and make edits directly.
For overseas travels or when users come across a website in a foreign language, the improved S Pen Translate feature6 allows them to hover over text to quickly translate not only individual words, but entire sentences in up to 71 languages, and instantly convert units and foreign currencies7.
Better Pictures with Galaxy Note8's Best-in-Class Camera
For most consumers, one of the key things they look for when purchasing a new smartphone is the camera. Samsung has set the standard for smartphone cameras with the Galaxy Note8, delivering their most powerful smartphone camera yet.
The Galaxy Note8 is equipped with two 12MP rear cameras with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) on both the wide-angle lens and the telephoto lens. Whether users are exploring a new city or running around their backyard, OIS allows them to capture sharper images.
For more advanced photo-taking, the Galaxy Note8's Live Focus feature lets users control the depth of field by allowing them to adjust the bokeh effect in preview mode and after they take the photo.
In Dual Capture mode, both rear cameras take two pictures simultaneously and allow users to save both images; one close-up shot from the telephoto lens and one wide-angle shot that shows the entire background.
The wide-angle lens has a Dual Pixel sensor with rapid Auto Focus, so that users can capture sharper, clearer shots, even in low-light environments. The Galaxy Note8 is also equipped with an industry-leading 8MP Smart Auto Focus front-facing camera for sharp selfies and video chats.
Galaxy of Features and Services
The Galaxy Note8 is built on the Galaxy legacy—a collection of unique features and capabilities that, together, have redefined the mobile experience:
• Water and Dust Resistance: Four years ago, Samsung introduced the first Galaxy device with water resistance. Today, users can take their Note almost anywhere they want with water and dust resistance (IP688) on the device and the S Pen. Writing is possible even when the display is wet.
• Fast Wireless Charging: Two years ago, Samsung introduced the first Galaxy device with wireless charging. The Galaxy Note8 supports the most advanced wireless charging capabilities9 yet, so that users can get a quick, convenient charge10 without having to mess around with ports or wires.
• Security: The Galaxy Note8 offers a choice of biometric authentication options —including iris and fingerprint scanning. Samsung Knox11 provides defense-grade security at the hardware and software layers and with the Secure Folder feature, users can keep their personal and professional data separate.
• Powerful Performance: With 6GB RAM, a 10nm processor, and expandable memory12 (up to 256GB), users have the power needed to browse, stream, play games, and multitask.
• Innovative Mobile Experiences: DeX Station13 provides users with a desktop-like experience, powered by their Galaxy Note8*. Users can keep their files on their device, conduct work on the go, and use DeX Station when an even bigger screen is required. The Galaxy Note8 includes Bixby14, a smarter way for users to use their phone; it learns, improves over time, and helps users get more done.
*Please refer to appendix for more details
Mobile Performance, Productivity and Security for Businesses
The Galaxy Note8 takes business innovation to the next level with advanced features that improve performance, productivity and security for a wide range of industries, simplifying how work gets done:
• Enhanced S Pen for Business: The S Pen lets professionals do what other smartphones can't, like discreetly taking notes in Screen off memo or quickly annotating documents and photos.
• Non-Contact Authentication: The Galaxy Note8 offers iris scanning for professionals — for example, professionals in the health care, construction, or public safety sectors who may find themselves in a position where they need to unlock their phones without having to swipe or scan a fingerprint.
• Enhanced DeX Capabilities: The Galaxy Note8 powers DeX Station13 for those who need to extend their simple mobile experience seamlessly to the desktop — whether they're in the field, at the office or at home.
Our Continued Commitment to Safety
Samsung continues to uphold its commitment to lead the industry in battery safety. The Galaxy Note8's battery has undergone Samsung's 8-Point Battery Safety Check — the most rigorous in the industry.
"We have been closely working with Samsung to make meaningful advancements in the science of smartphone quality and safety evaluation. As a result, the Galaxy Note8 has successfully completed a rigorous series of device and battery safety compatibility test protocols. We look forward to maintaining our strategic relationship with Samsung to help ensure device safety for all consumers," said Sajeev Jesudas, President, UL International.
Pre-order and Registration of Interest
Pre-Order at telecommunication operators
Registration of interest15 with telecommunication operators for the Galaxy Note8 will commence from 25 August 2017, Friday, 12pm.
Consumers can visit the following URLS for more information:
• M1: www.m1.com.sg/galaxynote8
• Singtel: www.singtel.com/galaxynote8
• StarHub: www.starhub.com/galaxynote8
Pre-Order at Samsung Store online/Samsung Experience Stores
Consumers can also pre-order their Galaxy Note8 (without contract) via the Samsung Store online from 12pm at http://www.samsung.com/sg/galaxynote8/shop or visit the following Samsung Experience Stores from 25 August 2017 during opening hours:
• Central: 313@somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809, Bugis Junction #01-54 Tel: 6338 7911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911, Great World City #02-39 Tel: 6235 0985, Paragon #B1-27/27A Tel: 6735 5926, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
• East: Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6785 1118, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 #02-23 Tel: 6241 4125 (Open to transit and departing passengers only), Parkway Parade #03-30F Tel: 6440 7969, Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
• North: Causeway Point #03-12 Tel: 6891 1011, AMK Hub #B1-37/38 Tel: 6753 6070
• North East: nex #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
• West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10/11 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
To pre-order, consumers simply have to place a $100 deposit and select their choice of collection points and appointment timeslots during opening hours from either:
• Galaxy Studio (The Plaza, VivoCity Level 1) or
• Selected Samsung Experience Stores
Pre-Order at Major Consumer Electronics Stores and Lazada Singapore
Pre-order for the Galaxy Note8 will also be available online from 25 August 2017, 12pm at major consumer electronics stores' (Best Denki, Courts, Hachi, Harvey Norman and Newstead) respective websites and Lazada Singapore. More information is available at the following URLs:
• Best Denki: www.bestdenki.com.sg/samsung/galaxynote8
• Courts: www.courts.com.sg/galaxynote8
• Hachi: www.hachi.tech/galaxynote8
• Harvey Norman: www.harveynorman.com.sg/galaxynote8
• Lazada Singapore: www.lazada.sg/galaxynote8
• Newstead: www.newstead.com.sg/galaxynote8
All successful pre-order customers will receive a complimentary16 DeX Station worth $198 during collection of and upon full payment for their devices from 9 September 2017. To enhance their experience with the DeX Station, pre-order customers will also receive in-box vouchers17 for the following promotions:
• 20 percent off the Recommended Retail Price of a Microsoft Wireless All-In-One Media Keyboard (RRP $53) OR 25 percent off the Recommended Retail Price of a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop (RRP $139)
• $200 off the Recommended Retail Price of a Samsung C27F397 Curved Monitor (RRP $498)
• Pre-order customers can redeem their vouchers for the above at www.lazada.sg/note8rewards or redeem their voucher for the Microsoft Wireless All-In-One Media Keyboard or Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop at all Microsoft participating retailers.
Additionally, successful pre-order customers of the Galaxy Note8 without contract at Samsung Store online, Samsung Experience Stores, consumer electronic stores and Lazada Singapore will also receive a $100 Samsung Accessories and Wearables Voucher18 at the point of collection or delivery (upon full payment) of pre-ordered device.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Note8 will be available from 15 September 2017 at a recommended retail price of $1,398 including GST. Available in Midnight Black, Maple Gold and Orchid Gray, the device will be available at all local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronic stores, authorised mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and Lazada Singapore.
The following Galaxy Note8 accessories will also be available to complement the device: