#DoMoreWithNote Photo Submission
Terms and Conditions
- #DoMoreWithNote Photo Submission ("Contest") is organised by Samsung Asia Pte. Ltd. ("Samsung") and is open to contestants who are residents of Singapore, and aged 18 years and above as stated on their Identity Card/ Passport (as of 6 October 2017). No purchase is required.
- By participating in this Contest, each contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All rules and regulations and instructions issued by Samsung from time to time will be deemed incorporated in these Terms and Conditions. Samsung reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
- To participate in the Contest, contestants must submit their photos via one of the following methods listed below:
- Instagram submission
- Upload an original photo onto Instagram with the hashtag: #DoMoreWithNote; and
- Tag @samsung_sg in the same Instagram post.
- NOTE: Contestants must set their Instagram profile to “Public” for the Contest period in order to participate in this Contest. Validity of an Entry is conditional on this.
- Microsite submission
- Complete the online form and submit an original photo on the #DoMoreWithNote microsite
- Instagram submission
- The Contest period ("Contest Period") will commence on 6 October 2017, 0000hrs, Singapore Time ("Contest Start Date") and close on 30 November 2017, 2359hrs, Singapore Time ("Contest End Date"). All Entries submitted after the specified Contest End Date, or submitted through any means other than specified above, will not be eligible for the Contest. Any correspondence on missing and/or delayed submissions shall not be entertained.
- All photos received as part of the Entries may be transformed into creative illustrations by the Band of Doodlers ("Creative Illustrations"). For the avoidance of doubt, Samsung will own the exclusive rights to all Creative Illustrations free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- The first 25 Entries will win a free Uniqlo T-shirt (with your own customised design) worth $29.90 every week. The Uniqlo T-shirt giveaways will be conducted in the following phases, from 14 October onwards:
Week Entry Submission Date Week 1 14 – 16 October 2017 Week 2 17 – 23 October 2017 Week 3 24 – 30 October 2017 Week 4 31 October – 6 November 2017 Week 5 7 – 13 November 2017 Week 6 14 – 20 November 2017 Week 7 21 – 30 November 2017
- Unless otherwise stated by Samsung, winners will be contacted either via:
- Direct message on Instagram, using the Instagram handle specified in the Entry; or
- Email, using the email address specified in the microsite online form.
- For verification purposes, each winner will have to present his/her identity card/ passport to collect the prize in person. If the winner requires a proxy to collect the prize on his/her behalf, a photocopy of the winner's identity card/ passport and an authorisation letter, stating the winner’s authorisation for the proxy to collect the prize on his/her behalf, duly signed by the winner, must be provided to and presented by the proxy. Samsung reserves the right to reject any collection of prize that does not adhere to the process stated herein.
- Prizes must be redeemed within 2 months from notification by Samsung. In the event that any prize is unclaimed within such period as may be specified by Samsung, or there is no winner determined in respect of the prize, they will be dealt with at Samsung’s sole discretion.
- Unless otherwise stated by Samsung, winners will be contacted either via:
- Creative Illustrations will be uploaded onto the #DoMoreWithNote microsite weekly from 20 October 2017 onwards, as follows:
Week Entry Submission Date Upload By Week 1 6 – 9 October 2017 20 October 2017 Week 2 10 – 16 October 2017 27 October 2017 Week 3 17 – 23 October 2017 3 November 2017 Week 4 24 – 30 October 2017 10 November 2017 Week 5 31 October – 6 November 2017 17 November 2017 Week 6 7 – 13 November 2017 24 November 2017 Week 7 14 – 20 November 2017 1 December 2017 Week 8 21 – 30 November 2017 8 December 2017
Samsung reserves the right to reject any photos that Samsung in its sole discretion deems inappropriate for creative illustration.
- Each contestant represents and warrants that (i) his/her Entry is original and has not been previously published, he/she possesses the exclusive rights to each Entry submitted hereunder and that the Entry shall not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights or interest of any third party or result in any other liability; and (ii) his/her Entry does not contain anything that may be deemed by Samsung to be inaccurate, misleading, pornographic, offensive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, hateful, political, racist, religious, blasphemous, harassing or threatening or otherwise illegal, offensive or objectionable. Each contestant shall not submit or publish any Entry that solicits funds or includes programs that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other programmes designed to impair the operation and functionality of the Contest microsite or websites linked to the Contest microsite. Samsung reserves the right to moderate the Entries. Samsung also reserves the right to remove and disqualify any Entry in breach of these Terms and Conditions and to report such violations to the authorities if deemed necessary.
- As a condition of the Contest, where required by Samsung, contestants shall enter into a separate agreement in writing setting out all other applicable terms and conditions, including any confidentiality obligations and intellectual property ownership rights.
- Each contestant consents and agrees that his/her Entry may be made available by Samsung for viewing (in any manner and format) and commenting on by the public, and that comments or ratings that he/she disagrees with or is unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Entry.
- By participating in the Contest, each contestant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each contestant agrees to receive communications from Samsung electronically. Samsung will communicate by electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by the contestant or posting notices in such other manner specified herein. Each contestant consents to receiving electronically all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to the Contest.
- Each contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products; and grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/ video recordings taken in respect of the Contest. Each contestant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display , edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook profile photo and details) and/or the Entries (or any part thereof, including to add Samsung branding at Samsung’s sole discretion): (i) in connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products; (ii) for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products; (iii) in any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram; (iv) at Samsung's sole direction; and (v) royalty-free and without any obligation of attribution or consent. Each contestant hereby irrevocably grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary in connection with the above, without further compensation to the contestant and where not prohibited by written law.
- Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any contestant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that contestant's Entry and/or results have been manipulated in any way by machines or computers.
- Samsung reserves the right to change or substitute the prize to other prize(s) of a comparable or other value if deemed fit. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
- In the event of any dispute arising from the Contest or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Samsung on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
- If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond Samsung's control, Samsung reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) to disqualify any contestant; or (ii) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate.
- Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Contest.
- Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (i) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung's control); (ii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) any Entry, claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung; (iv) any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions; (v) any tax liability incurred by a contestant; or (vi) use of the prize(s).
- Employees and agents of the Promoters (Cheil Singapore Pte Ltd) and Samsung, their respective families, households or anyone professionally connected with this Contest (in Samsung's opinion), may enter this Contest for the purpose of getting their photos transformed into Creative Illustrations, but are not eligible to win the prize. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising out of or in connection with the Contest.
- Except where expressly provided herein, each contestant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from his/her participation in the Contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Samsung and/or the sponsors.
- Each contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and each contestant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.