Windows 8: Fixing System Boot Issues
Checking PC Power Supply Connection
- Verify that computer power cord is properly connected to your PC
- Press the Power button to check the power LED
Checking Monitor Connection
- If connected to external monitor, make sure each component has good connection
- Ensure monitor is turned on and set to the maximum brightness
- Press Fn + F3 key repeatedly to adjust the brightness for a laptop computer
Resetting BIOS Setup
- For Laptop: Remove all devices that are connected to the computer.
For Desktop and all-in-one PC: Remove all devices from the computer except keyboard
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 4 seconds to shut it down
- To access BIOS setup, turn the computer on again and immediately press F2 key 3-4 times
repeatedly to access BIOS setup
- Press F9 key to initialize the BIOS settings then press Enter key
- Press F10 key on BIOS settings to save and exit BIOS setup
Recovering System Files
- Shut down the computer
- Turn the computer on again, run the Recovery program
If your system fails to access Recovery, it could be due to hardware problem)
- Restore the boot files before restarting the system
Restoring Your System to Its Original State
- If an error message still appears, press and hold the power button for at least 4 seconds to
shut it down
- Turn the computer on again, access the Recovery program to roll back to its original status
If the problem persists after going through steps 1 to 5, it could be due to hardware problem
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.