What is Child Lock and how to activate/deactivate the function in Samsung Washing Machine?
What is Child Lock?
The Child lock function allows user to lock the buttons so that the wash cycle being chosen cannot be changed. It is a safety feature that protects children, elderly and frail from accidentally getting hurt, when the washing machine is powered on.
• When Child Lock function is activated, only the Power button works
• The Child Lock function remains on even after the power is turned on and off or after the disconnecting and reconnecting the power cord
Child Lock Icon
How to activate / deactivate Child Lock function?
To activate the Child Lock function, press the Temp and Rinse / Spin buttons* at the same time for 3 seconds. Child Lock Icon will be lit when this feature is activated.
To deactivate the Child Lock function, press the same sequence buttons for 3 seconds and the feature will be turned off.
• The steps will be slightly different for some models
• With Child Lock function on, an alarm will go off and error message (CL,dE) will pop up as soon as the door is opened. Drain will automatically begin after 30 seconds and it cannot be stopped in the middle of the cycle, even if the power is being switched off. If the door is closed before 30 seconds, water will not be drained
• To add more laundry after Child Lock function is set, always remember to clear the feature before proceeding
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.