What to do when Samsung Refrigerator makes too much noise?
There are many possible causes when a Refrigerator is making noise. Most of the noises are normal operating sounds whereas some noises can be easily fixed with simple configuration to the Refrigerator. But if you feel like your Refrigerator might be making too much noise, there are some easy things to check.
If these tips do not address the issue or are combined with a Refrigerator malfunction, contact our Samsung Call Centre for further assistance
Different types of noises which a Refrigerator can make:
It is caused by gas moving through the pipes in your Refrigerator when the the appliance cools or freezes your food.
It occurs when the interior components contract or expand as the Refrigerator is cooling or the interior temperature changes after the temperature has been reset.
The buzzing noise you hear is the sound of the Refrigerator compressor running especially during the beginning of a cooling cycle and when it shuts off.
It can be also heard after getting water from the door dispenser. The noise should not last longer than 7 seconds.
Some Samsung Refrigerators are equipped with a door alarm, which will beep whenever the door is left open or not closed completely. Here are some tips to check:
• Make sure that the door's path is free from obstruction
• Make sure that there are no objects in the Refrigerator preventing the door from closing
• If the rubber door seals are dirty, the door will not close properly. Clean the doors with a mild detergent and damp cloth. Then wipe with a dry cloth
Please note: Never let any oil or grease come into contact with the plastic fittings or door seals, as these materials easily become porous
• If the door of the Refrigerator is recently being removed, the hinge bolts or hinge cover screws may be loose
• Make sure the Refrigerator is Level: If the freezer door is lower than the Refrigerator door, insert a common (flat-head) screwdriver in a slot of the control lever on the freezer side and turn it clockwise
When freezer door is lower than the Refrigerator door
• If the freezer door is higher than the Refrigerator door, insert a common (flat-head) screwdriver in a slot of the control lever on the Refrigerator side and turn it clockwise
When freezer door is higher than the Refrigerator door
• If there is significant frost accumulation in the freezer, it may obstruct the free operation of the fans which could produce a rattling noise
This noise will be heard about 4 seconds after removing a glass from a dispenser due to the dispenser chute closing.
It can be heard when the icemaker fills with water.
It can be heard when the ice maker dumps ice cubes into ice bucket
When the unit reaches set temperature, the compressor stops operating causing the fluttering noise.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
(1800 GALAXY S)
For Mobile Device and Samsung App Enquiries
For other Products Enquires
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Please take note on the revised operating hours for all our Service Centres during this period:
1) Causeway Point
2) Plaza Singapura
Monday to Saturday - 11:00am to 07:00pm
Sunday and Public Holiday - 11:00am to 05:00pm