Conditions that will affect Fingerprint Registration in Samsung Galaxy Note8
When scanning your fingerprints on the device, take note of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces
• The screen protector on the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity
• Ensure that both the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are small or thin fingers
• Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger. The sensor is not able to recognize your fingerprint if the finger is bend or use a fingertip.
• To improve recognition performance, use your registered fingerprints to perform tasks on the device
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object
While registering, please cover entire fingerprint recognition sensor with at least 80% of your fingerprint. Keep your finger flat against the home key and lift it up at a moderate speed. The fingerprint sensor is sensitive to moisture, so make sure both the screen and your fingertip are dry.
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.