How do You Use Picture In Picture?
All Samsung LCD TVs that offer Picture in Picture (PIP) capability are single tuner TVs. Single tuner LCD TVs with PIP capability let you watch a television channel and another video source such as a VCR or DVD player or two video sources such as a VCR or DVD player when you set the TV to the PIP mode.
A full explanation of how to use Picture in Picture (PIP) on single tuner Samsung LCD televisions is too long for the confined space of an FAQ answer. However, there are a number of points you should be aware of if you want PIP on a single tuner LCD TV to work for you:
- A single tuner LCD TV that has PIP capability has only one television tuner and can only tune in one TV channel at a time. Consequently, you cannot watch two television channels at the same time when you set the TV to PIP mode.
- You can watch one channel and another video source using PIP, one in the main screen and the other in the PIP window. To watch one channel and another video source, you must attach an antenna or a standard cable TV input to the Antenna jack on the TV and one or more video sources (a VCR, DVD player, PC, etc.) to the AV, S-Video, Component, D-Sub, or DVI input jacks.
- You can watch two video sources, for example, a VCR and a DVD player, at the same time using PIP. To watch two video sources, you must attach two or more video sources (a VCR, DVD player, PC, etc.) to the AV, S-Video, Component, D-Sub, or DVI input jacks.
- The choices of which combination of video sources you can use at the same time for the Main screen and the PIP window are limited. The choices you have depend upon the TV model you have. For a chart identifying the combinations that work for your TV, see your user's manual under the section titled Viewing Picture in Picture.
Most Samsung single tuner LCD PIP televisions provide the following PIP functions:
- Viewing Picture in Picture
- Selecting An External Source
- Swapping the Sub Picture and the Main Picture
- Changing the Size of the Sub Picture
- Changing the Location of the Sub Picture
- Changing the Channel of the Sub Picture
- Selecting the Sound Source (Main Picture or Sub Picture)
Note that some models offer fewer PIP functions.
For instructions on these PIP functions, see your user's manual under the section titled Viewing Picture in Picture.
Note: Instructions for selecting the PIP sound source are often under Special Sound Options in your user's manual.
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.