Picture not sharp on LCD TV (HD TV)
You may want to connect your DVD player to the TV and do a test. The best is if you have a Bluray DVD player with Bluray Disc.
• If you have an analogue cable/set top box, upgrade to a digital set top box. Use HDMI or Component
cables to deliver HD (high definition) picture quality.
• Cable/Satellite subscribers: Try HD stations from the channel line up.
• Antenna connection: Try HD stations after performing Auto programme.
Note : Many HD channels are up scaled from SD(Standard Definition) contents.
• Adjust the Cable/Set top box video output resolution to 1080i or 720p.
• Make sure you are watching the TV at the minimum recommended distance based on the size and
definition of the signal.
• Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion especially in fast moving pictures such
as sports and action movies.
Please note that the radio frequency or SCV signal is just a basic resolution when you watch on HD TV. When you enlarge the picture on a 40" or bigger TV, the picture may not look sharp.
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.