What Is The Auto Detect Function Do On My Satellite Receiver?
To function properly, your satellite receiver needs to know what type of dish type you have. The Auto Detect function automatically detects the dish type.
Important: Before your satellite receiver can auto-detect the dish type:
- The dish must be correctly aligned
- The satellite receiver must bye receiving a strong satellite from the signal.
Using the Auto Detect Function
To use the Auto Detect function to detect the dish type, follow these steps.
- Use the signal meter to make sure you have a strong signal.
- If you do not have a strong signal, realign your satellite dish until the satellite receiver is receiving a strong signal.
- Press the Menu button on your remote. The Main menu appears.
- Highlight the Setup menu item, and then press the Select button. The Setup menu appears.
- Highlight the Installation menu item, and then press the Select button. The Installation menu appears.
- Highlight the Set Dish menu item, and then press the Select button. The Set Dish menu appears.
- Highlight the Auto Detection menu item, and then press the Select button. The Auto Detection menu appears and the auto detection process appears. After the receiver has identified the dish type, a screen appears displaying the type of dish you have.
Note: You can stop the detection process by highlighting the on screen Cancel button, and then pressing the Select button on your remote.
- To accept the dish type, use the arrow buttons on your remote to highlight the on-screen back button. Then, press the Select button. The satellite receiver reboots.
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.