TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DA CASHBACK PROMOTION
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS (UK) LIMITED
Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion at https://www.samsung.com/uk/appliancecashback or https://www.samsung.com/ie/appliancecashback form part of the Terms and Conditions.
1. The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promotion will commence at 00:01 (BST) on the 12 February 2020 and shall close at 23:59 (BST) on the 07 April 2020 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be a UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland resident aged 18+ with a valid bank account (“Participant”).
4. This Promotion is only available to end users (e.g. not to any reseller or business) and is not available in conjunction with any other Samsung offer or promotion.
5. Rewards shall be paid by way of bank transfer and Participants must have a valid UK, Channel Islands, Republic of Ireland or Isle of Man bank account in order to receive the Reward. For the avoidance of doubt, Participants shall receive a Reward based on their country of residence irrespective of where the relevant Promotion Product is purchased, e.g. a Participant resident in the Republic of Ireland shall receive their Reward in Euros.
6. Participants who purchase a selected new (i.e. not second hand or refurbished) Samsung home appliance as detailed in Appendix 1 (the “Promotion Product”) in-store or online from a participating retailer (as defined below at Condition 9) within the Promotion Period will be eligible to claim a cash back reward (exclusively paid by way of bank transfer) by redemption (the “Reward”). The relevant Reward value per Promotion Product shall be as set out in Appendix 1.
7. Participants may claim a maximum of one (1) Reward per Promotion Product purchased and a maximum of three (3) Rewards per household.
8. Purchases from auction websites (e.g. eBay) or marketplace sales through retail websites (e.g. Amazon Marketplace or Play Trade) are specifically excluded from this Promotion (“Excluded Retailers”).
9. To be eligible under the Promotion, purchases of Promotion Products must be made from a participating retailer listed in Appendix 2 (“Participating Retailer”).
10. After purchasing a Promotion Product from a Participating Retailer during the Promotion Period, UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man Participants must visit https://www.samsung.com/uk/appliancecashback and ROI Participants must visit https://www.samsung.com/ie/appliancecashback and complete the claim form with their name, contact information, UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland bank account details and any other requested information and submit it together with a scanned copy of their proof of purchase and the serial number for the Promotion Product (a “Claim”).
11. Claims may only be submitted between twenty-one (21) and sixty (60) days after the date of purchase, meaning the final claim date for purchases made on 07 April 2020 is no later than 23:59 (GMT) on 06 June 2020 (the “End Date”). Claims received after the End Date will not be eligible. For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase counts as day one (1).
12. Participants will be sent an email and SMS to confirm that their Claim has been received by the Promoter and that it has been successful and validated (“Claim Validation”).
13. If an email or SMS acknowledgement has not been received, it is the Participant’s responsibility to contact the Promoter’s customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03452160090 (UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man Participants) or 019036336 (ROI Participants) within seven (7) days of a Claim being submitted.
14. If the Claim is deemed to have not been submitted correctly or the relevant serial number cannot be verified as valid, the Participant will be notified via email and SMS and offered the opportunity to provide the required information (including but not limited to a photograph of the Promotion product serial number) to validate their Claim within seven (7) days from notification. If no response is received, then the Claim shall be marked as invalid and the Participant will no longer be eligible to receive the Reward.
15. Participants will receive the Reward by way of bank transfer to the bank account detailed in the Claim within thirty (30) days of Claim Validation.
16. Claims that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Claims.
17. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Claims which it considers do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
18. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid Claims including, without limitation, to generate or require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age, and other relevant details of a Participant. This process may involve the Promoter sharing information with third parties.
19. If a Participant returns a Promotion Product after making a Claim, then the Participating Retailer shall notify the Promoter and the Claim shall be rejected. Where the Reward has already been paid then the Promoter shall seek to recover the Reward from the Participant.
20. A Claim must be made by the Participant, and must not be made through agents, third parties or in bulk.
Privacy and Data Protection
21. Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Promotion or claiming the Reward will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
25. Rewards are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash by Participants.
26. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
27. Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs or expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as included in the Reward.
28. By participating in this Promotion, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, awarding, acceptance or receipt of the Reward. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter’s negligence.
29. The Promotion is governed by English law.