Samsung’s Annual Climate Solutions Event Features Predictions, Innovations, and Celebrations
The Air Conditioner and Heat Pump Division of Samsung Electronics celebrates its most successful year to date in Europe with a conference focused on its customers
28 January 2019, Monaco – Samsung Electronics Air Conditioner Europe B.V. (SEACE) held its second annual pan-European Climate Solutions Days event in Monaco on 24-27 January 2019. Featuring presentations on trends in the cooling and heating industry, awards for cutting-edge installation projects, and deep technical dives into Samsung’s latest innovations, the event was attended by 180 Samsung customers and industry leaders from almost 30 countries.
Wim Vangeenberghe, President of SEACE, and who was also recently promoted to Vice President of Global HVAC Solution Business, Samsung Electronics, spoke on several key trends he has observed in the climate solutions landscape, including:
1. Refrigerants and how EU legislation is driving the industry as a whole to invest in increased R&D to find the perfect solution;
2. Smart Controls and IoT (Internet of Things);
3. Heat pumps, which he confirmed to be the key focus for climate solutions in the future.
“We want to lead our customers by providing the industry’s best innovation, but we also want to listen to their needs,” said Vangeenberghe about the event. “We are creating a dialogue by bringing all parties together in a way that facilitates input from all sides. That’s the way Samsung stays in a leading position in this market.”
The event also featured the first annual Samsung Climate Solutions Awards, where the best installations of the previous year are celebrated. The awards were given to:
· The Ferenc Puskás Stadium, a project by CLH Klimaszerviz Kft in Hungary;
· The Designer Outlet Croatia, a project by Triteh D.O.O. in Croatia;
· The Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, a project by Freedom AC in the UK;
· A Residential housing project of 93 apartments in Masnou, Spain by Grupo Noria.
Additionally, the event featured exhibitions of key Samsung innovations:
· Water Solution, with the potential to lower the GWP (Global Warming Potential) of the complete climate system, based on a heat recovery design that can optimize energy consumption (presented by: Rolf Leemeijer - Business Development Project Planner Retail and Piotr Kałużniacki - System Air Conditioning Manager);
· Extended product range 2019 with R32 refrigerant for Residential, Light Commercial and Commercial applications, amongst others for Wind-FreeTM and 360 Cassette (presented by: Alejandra Tortosa - Pre-Sales Engineer and Manni Naderifard - Product Manager);
· Samsung b.IoT (building Internet of Things), a Building Management System enhancing the energy performance and comfort of buildings based on smart algorithms (presented by: Łukasz Witkowski - IoT Solutions Manager and Artur Podbielski - Senior Product Manager);
· One Samsung: featuring the full Samsung Home, Retail and Office product line from Samsung Electronics (presented by: Gait Alberts - Business Development Planner and Murtaza Bukhari - B2B Relationship Lead Construction & Hotels).
About Samsung Electronics Air Conditioner Europe B.V. (SEACE)
Since introducing its first air conditioner in 1974, Samsung Electronics has quickly expanded its global operations in climate systems and entered the European market of commercial air conditioning in 2005. Due to rapid growth and in support of its long-term commitment to the European market, Samsung Electronics opened Samsung Electronics Air Conditioner Europe B.V. (SEACE) in the beginning of 2017 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The dedicated headquarters in Europe aims to solidify and hub the activities across more than 30 European countries. SEACE offers ongoing technical training in climate and smart building solutions; after sales and technical support for its industry partners; backed by Samsung’s quality reputation and leading-edge innovation, including digital connectivity solutions. SEACE thrives to fulfill the needs of the European markets including Retail, Hotel, Office and Home with cooling, heating, domestic hot water, refrigeration and smart building solutions.