Samsung SSD 860 QVO: Your First Terabyte SSD
Compared with hard disk drives, solid state drives (SSDs) are faster, more power efficient, emit less heat, are noise and vibration free, and keep your data more secure. But capacity has come at a high cost ― until now. Available in 1,2 and 4 terabytes, the Samsung SSD 860 QVO is packed with Samsung's leading-edge performance, at an affordable price. Perfect for PC and laptop users looking for a combination of capacity and performance in a single drive. Meet your first terabyte SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO.
Quality and Value Optimised SSD
More accessible terabyte capacity. The 860 QVO SSD gives you huge storage, with solid performance and reliability at exceptional value. This breakthrough was achieved with Samsung’s latest 4-bit MLC NAND flash technology. Now’s the time to upgrade or expand to the fast SSD you need.
Speed Up to a New Normal
Speed it all up. Up to 550 MB/s read and 520 MB/s write speeds give the experience of a new computer with fast boot-ups, shutdowns, transfers, and application responsiveness. Intelligent TurboWrite accelerates write speeds and maintains long-term high performance with a larger variable buffer.
*Performance may vary depending on SSD’s firmware version and system hardware & configuration. The sequential write performances are measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. The sequential write performances may not be sustained for the portion of data exceeding over Intelligent TurboWrite buffer size. Sequential performance measurements are based on CrystalDiskMark v. 5.0.2. Random performance measurements are based on IOmeter1.1.0.* Test system configuration : Intel® Core i7-4790k CPU@4GHz, DDR3 1600MHz 8GB, OS-Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Chipset-ASUS-Z97-PRO* The Intelligent TurboWrite technology adjusts the buffer size to optimal level within the usable disk space‡ up to 42 GB for 1 TB model and up to 78 GB for 2TB and 4 TB models. For more information on the Intelligent TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
Always be sure. The 860 QVO is your reliable alternative to legacy storage, built with Samsung V-NAND technology, and backed by a limited warranty of 3 years or up to 1,440 TBW. Samsung’s extensive analysis of SSD user patterns has resulted in a sufficient TBW rating to assure everyday PC users.
* TBW : Terabytes Written* Warrantied TBW : 360 TBW for 1TB model, 720 TBW for 2TB model, and 1,440 TBW for 4TB model.*3-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC* algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
* Error Correction Code
Ample capacity at fast speed is worth the switch. Terabyte-level capacity on a fast SSD elevates your computing experience. Upgrade from multiple storage solutions to the simple speed of one single mass-storage SSD to keep both your OS, applications and massive data all together.
*1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes by IDEMA. A certain portion of capacity may be used for system file and maintenance use, so the actual capacity may differ from what is indicated on the product label.
Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Application Client PCs
- Capacity 1,000 GB (1 GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor 2.5 inch
- Interface SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- Dimension (WxHxD) 100 X 69.85 X 6.8 (mm)
- Weight Approx. 51.0g Weight
- Storage Memory Samsung V-NAND 4bit MLC
- Controller Samsung MJX Controller
- Cache Memory Samsung 1 GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support TRIM Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support S.M.A.R.T Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection) Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0),TCG/Opal, IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN Support World Wide Name supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support Yes
- Sequential Read Up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write Up to 520 MB/s Sequential Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration ** Measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated
- Random Read (4 KB, QD32) Up to 96,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration ** Measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated
- Random Write (4KB, QD32) Up to 89,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration ** Measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated
- Random Read (4 KB, QD1) Up to 7,500 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration ** Measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated
- Random Write (4 KB, QD1) Up to 42,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration ** Measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated
- Average Power Consumption (system level) Average: 2.2 W *Maximum: 4.0 W (Burst mode)* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Power consumption (Idle) Max. 30 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Allowable Voltage 5V ± 5% Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF) 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature 0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Installation Kit Not Available
- Management SW Magician Software for SSD management
- 3 Years Limited Warranty or 360 TBW Limited Warranty
Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB (MZ-76Q1T0BW)
11 Nov, 2020Data Migration Tool User Manual ver 4.0.3
11 Nov, 2020Magician Software ver 6.2.1
11 Nov, 2020Magician Software User Manual ver 6.2.1
11 Nov, 2020Magician Software Open Source Announcement ver 6.2.1
11 Nov, 2020Data Migration Tool ver 4.0.3