Terms and Conditions of Sale
This page together with the documents referred to within it (terms and conditions) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Products) listed on our website https://shop.samsung.com/uk/business(our website) to you. These terms and conditions do not cover the sale of our Products by third parties to you.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and understand them before ordering any Products from our website. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you accept these terms and conditions. If you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our website. You may print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference. We are under a legal duty to supply goods in conformity with these terms and conditions of sale.
Information about us
We operate the website https://shop.samsung.com/uk/business/. We are Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03086621 and with our registered office at Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS, United Kingdom(“Samsung”). Our main trading address is Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB689376366.
We do not accept orders from addresses outside the United Kingdom nor do we accept orders for delivery to addresses outside mainland Great Britain or Northern Ireland.
By placing an order through our website, you warrant that:
(a) you are a business purchasing the Products for your own and your employees own use, and not for resale; and
(b) you have the requisite corporate authority to enter into the Contract and perform your obligations under this Contract; and
(c) you will comply with all applicable rules, laws or ordinances in the performance of your obligations under the Contract and your purchase of the Products, including but not limited to the payment of applicable taxes, duties and levies.
How the contract is formed between you and us
1. Your order is an offer to us to buy the Product(s) in your order. You are deemed to have placed an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order and containing an Order Reference Number and details of the Product(s) you have ordered (Order Confirmation). Please note that the Order Confirmation is acknowledgment that we have received your order and does not mean your order has been accepted by us. All orders are subject to our acceptance of your offer to buy the Product(s) ordered. We will only accept your offer (and form the contract of sale) when we send you an e-mail confirming that the Product has been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). We may refuse to accept your order:
(a) where the Product is not available;
(b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
(c) if there has been a pricing or Product description error (see ‘Price and Payment’ below); or
(d) if you do not meet the eligibility criteria set out in ‘Your Status’ above.
2. The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed upon the earlier of i) when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation or ii) delivery of the Product(s). The parties to the Contract are you and Samsung.
3. The Contract will relate only to those Products in respect of which we have confirmed dispatch in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
We may also provide links on our website to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that Products you purchase from third party sellers through our website, or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our website, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller. If you would like information about your legal rights you should contact your local trading standards or citizens advice bureaux. We will notify you when a third party is involved in a transaction, and we may disclose your personal information related to that transaction to the third party seller.
28-day right to return
1. You may cancel the Contract and return your products for any reason within 28 days of the day you receive the Product(s).
2. It is your responsibility to take reasonable care of the Product(s). The Product(s) must be returned in a reasonable condition along with any packaging, manuals, accessories, free items and any other components. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our Returns Policy.
3. To cancel the Contract, you may contact us via our website, by email, by telephoning the Customer Call Centre (details are available here:Contact Us). You will then be informed of details regarding the collection of the Product(s) from you. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
4. If your product is defective, please see the Returns Policy section below.
Availability and delivery
1. We can deliver anywhere in mainland Great Britain or Northern Ireland.
2. We will deliver the Product(s) to the delivery address you specify in your order. We will not deliver the Products to your delivery address unless there is someone present to accept and sign for them. If you have not received the Product(s) within the estimated delivery time specified in the Dispatch Confirmation you should contact us via our website or by email or by telephoning the Customer Call Centre (details are available here: Contact Us ).
3. Delivery of the Products does not normally include installation unless we expressly specify otherwise for a Product on our website. Any installation service provided is supplied by a third party. We do not accept any liability for any losses or damages in connection with any installation service supplied by a third party. If you wish to return a Product(s) that has been installed, you will have to arrange for the Product(s) to be uninstalled.
4. Where installation is available for products this will be specified when you checkout.
5. Delivery timescales in relation to pre-order items are estimated and may be subject to change as a result of manufacturing delays. Any delay to your delivery of pre-ordered products will be communicated to you in advance.
Risk and title
1. The Products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
2. Ownership of the Product(s) will only pass to you on the later of either i) delivery or ii) when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
3. By signing for your order it is an acknowledgement of acceptance of the items.
Price and payment
1. The price of the Products will be as quoted on our website from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. Product prices include VAT at the prevailing rate. The price quoted on our website for Products excludes delivery charges which are quoted separately on our website.
2. Product prices and delivery charges are subject to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
3. Our website contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you that we are rejecting it. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and couldhave reasonably been recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
4. Payment for all Products must be made either by credit or debit card or by PayPal and is collected on our behalf by Worldpay. We accept payment by Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro and PayPal. A payment by credit or debit card will only be charged at or shortly after the time you place your order.
1. If you wish to return a Product to us you may contact us via our website, by email, by telephoning the Customer Call Centre (details are available here: Contact Us). We will then inform of you of the arrangements to return the Product to us.
2. If you are returning a Product to us:
(a) because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the 28-day period (see above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible after collection of the Product from you and, in any case, within 14 days of the day you gave us notice to cancel . Where you are entitled to a refund, we will refund the price of the Product in full. Subject to instances where installation is available, we will be responsible for collecting any returned Product from your address in the United Kingdom.
(b) for any other reason (for instance, because you have notified us in accordance with the terms below that you do not agree to a change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you consider that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time and, usually within 5 working days of when we receive the Product from you. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund.
3. Subject to the terms below , if you believe that a Product you have ordered from us is defective, you should contact us via our website or by email or by telephoning the Customer Call Centre (details are available here: Contact Us). We will advise you of the appropriate steps to take. If you notify us within 30 days of delivery of the Product that the Product is defective, you will have the option to select a repair, an exchange or a refund. If a fault is found after 30 days from delivery of the Product, you should contact us by telephoning 0330 726 7864 and we will at our discretion either repair or replace the Product and deliver the repaired or replacement Product to you, or provide a refund.
4. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation and return the Products to us, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. When returning a Product to us we recommend you obtain a proof of posting. In all cases, we reserve the right to inspect the Product and verify the fault. For an exchange or refund, the Product must be in otherwise 'as new' condition and if possible with the original packaging. We reserve the right to refuse a refund or exchange if the Product returned is deemed to have been damaged.
5. We will usually make any refunds using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
6. We do not cover faults caused by misuse, neglect, physical damage, tampering or incorrect adjustment or normal wear and tear. Products sold on our website are intended for domestic use only and are not for commercial use or resale. Nor do we cover faults due to incorrect installation in your home. Please do not remove the serial number.
7. This Returns Policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In addition to your rights under the Contract and your statutory rights, Samsung products also come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Details of the manufacturer’s warranty can be found with the documentation that comes with your product. Registration may be required to benefit from the warranty.
If your item develops a fault within 30 days of receipt, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of the fault. We will then provide you with a full refund or where stock of the same type and grade is available, offer to exchange the item for the same model. If your item develops a fault within the applicable warranty period we will offer a repair upon receipt of the item. You are responsible (including costs) for the transport of your item.
Our repair service excludes cosmetic/accidental damage and customer misuse. In the event of an item being returned to us for these reasons we will contact you and provide you an estimate for repairing.
1. (a) The warranty detailed in the documentation that comes with the Products (referred to in the Product Warranty section)is the only warranty given by Samsung in respect of the Goods. The warranty is given expressly in lieu of and to the exclusion of all other warranties, conditions guarantees or other terms, express or implied, whether under the common law, statute or otherwise (insofar as the same can lawfully be excluded).
(b) Nothing in this Contract shall operate to exclude any implied term concerning Samsung’s title to sell the Products or (where relevant) to exclude or limit any liability on the part of the Samsung for:
(i) death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(iii) damage (if any) for which Samsungis liable under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
(iv) any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is not permitted by English law.
2. (a) Subject to section 1(b) above, Samsung’s aggregate liability to you in respect of all causes of action or continuing causes of action howsoever arising in respect of a Contract (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall not exceed the aggregate price paid by the Customer for the Goods under that Contract. You agree that this is a reasonable limitation on the Samsung’s liability due to the nature of the Products.
(b) Subject to section 1(b), the Samsungshall not be liable for any claim to the extent that it relates to:
(i) loss of profits, goodwill, business opportunity or anticipated savings;
(ii) injury to reputation;
(iii) loss of data;
(iv) third party losses; or
(v) indirect, consequential or special loss or damage, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or strict liability and regardless of whether Samsung knew or had reason to know of the possibility of the loss or damage in question.
When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All formal notices given by you to us must be given in writing to Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited at Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS (FAO: Executive Office). We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in ‘Written Communications’ above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
Transfer of rights and obligations
1. The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
2. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
3. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
Events outside our control
1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
2. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
(a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
(b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
(c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
(d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
(e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks
(f)the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and
(g)pandemic or epidemic.
3. Our performance under the Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
1. If we fail, at any time during the term of the Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of theseterms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
2. A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
3. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordancewith 'Notices' above.
If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or any provisions of the Contract is invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permittedby law.
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
1. We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting them on our website.
2. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
1. We own or are licensed users of all intellectual property rights in our website and all material and content on our website. You may use this site and the materials and content on our website in connection with yourpurchase and use of the Products. All other use or reproduction of our website or materials or content on our website is strictly prohibited.
2. Our website is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis without any representation made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to our website. We make no warranty that our website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free or that our website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
3. While we endeavour to ensure that our website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to our website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control as set out above.
Data protection and privacy
Third party rights
A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or the Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of the Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.