Samsung Targets Gamers with Bolstered Content Offering on Smart TV Hub
Samsung enhances its Smart TV gaming offering with the addition of top industry players including GameFly Streaming and PlayStation™Now, and a special gaming promotion
Samsung Electronics is reinforcing its position as the number one Smart TV brand in the UK with the news it is bolstering its gaming offering with two gaming apps, GameFly Streaming and PlayStation™Now (PS Now), which are both available to download immediately on the Smart TV hub.
Further signifying its commitment to the gaming community, Samsung has also launched an exclusive limited-time special promotion targeting gamers. From 6 June to 4 September 2016, customers who purchase a selected Samsung Smart TV* will receive a three month HD games subscription from GameFly Streaming and complementary controller. Participating retailers include Argos, Tesco, ShopDirect and AO.
Samsung’s line up of 2016 SUHD TV’s is ideal for casual and pro gamers alike; equipped with a 10-bit Quantum dot display, Smart TV users are able to experience realistic gaming environments straight from the comfort of their sofas, with stunning brightness, exceptional contrast and the most lifelike colours to ever be offered by Samsung.
With a range of high quality content partners on board, the Smart TV hub is a one stop shop for all your entertainment needs. Commenting on Samsung’s latest offering, TechRadar said: “The smart TV features are first rate, and offer all of the streaming options you would expect as well as a whole raft of other clever features.” Gamers can now enjoy and play a wide selection of popular titles through apps on the hub, including Assassin’s Creed III, Batman: Arkham Origins, LEGO The Movie: The Video Games, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider: Game Of The Year and Uncharted.
The addition of these apps is set to further enhance Samsung’s Smart TV offering; in the UK alone the service boasts over 2.5 million weekly users – directly reflecting the increasing popularity of home entertainment in recent years.
Commenting on the enhanced gaming offering, Rhian James, Content Product Manager, Samsung UK & Ireland said: “At Samsung, we are committed to giving people the best home entertainment experience possible, and our gaming offering is just one of the ways in which we aim to achieve that. We are delighted to be working with GameFly Streaming and PS Now, and look forward to helping Smart TV users get even closer to the game.”
GameFly Streaming and PS Now are both available to purchase on selected Samsung Smart TV’s and join an ever-growing collection of services available on the Smart TV hub including Amazon Instant Video, Curzon Home Cinema, MUBI, Deezer, YouTube and Facebook.
About PS Now
PS Now is Sony Interactive Entertainment’s streaming game service that leverages cloud-based technology, and offers a library of more than 180 games.
In order to access PS Now, you need a free Sony Entertainment Network account, PS Now compatible device, such as a Samsung Smart TV (please see above for compatible models), Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4) and a 5Mbs or greater broadband Internet connection. You also need to accept the PlayStation™Network Terms of Service. Service availability and performance may vary by area or other factors.
PS Now offers a 7-Day free trial, which gives you full access to the PS Now game subscription catalogue. At the end of the 7-day trial period, your PS Now 1 monthly subscription will automatically begin, and you will be charged £12.99 each month. To take advantage of the free trial, or sign up for the service, you need a credit card or alternate payment method associated with your Sony Entertainment Network account.
PS Now is available on the following Samsung Smart TV models:
- 2016 models: KS9800, KS9500, KS9000, KS8000, KS7500, KS7000, KU6680, KU6670, KU6650, KU6640, KU6500, KU6470, KU6450, KU6400
- 2015 models: JU6000, JU6400, JU6410, JU6445, JU6500, JU6510, JU6670, JU6740, JU6800, JU7000, JU7500, JS8000, JS8500, JS9000, JS9500
- 2014 models: H6200, H6240, H6400, H6410, H6500, H6670, H6700, H6800, H6850, H7000, H8000, HU6900, HU7100, HU7200, HU7500, HU8200, HU8500
About GameFly Streaming
GameFly Streaming works with cable providers, hardware manufacturers and media companies to make game services available to consumers. GameFly Streaming uses its patented technology to stream video games from leading publishers like Warner Bros., 2K, Square Enix, and Capcom, through smart TVs, set-top boxes and streaming devices.
In order to access GameFly Streaming, you need a GameFly compatible device, such as a Samsung Smart TV (please see above for compatible models), supported game controller and a 5 Mbs or greater broadband Internet connection. You also need to accept the GameFly Terms of Service. Service availability and performance may vary by area or other factors.
GameFly Streaming bundles start at £6.99 a month. Details of each bundle and the prices are as follows:
- Family Pack (38 titles) £6.99 per month – including Lego Batman, Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Dirt 3, MotoGP 13, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, WRC Powerslide, Ridge Racer: Unbounded, Batman: Arkham City, MXGP, GRID 2 and Super Splatters, among other titles.
- Gamers Pack (30 titles) £7.99 – including Ride, Overlord 2, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, F3AR, Shank 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Sleeping Dogs, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Ridge Racer: Unbounded, Darksiders, Star Trek and Alan Wake: American Nightmare, among other titles.
GameFly Streaming is available on the following Samsung Smart TV models:
- 2014 Models: H6200, H6240, H6400, H6410, H6500, H6670, H6700, H6800, H6850, H7000, H8000, HU6900, HU7100, HU7200, HU7500, HU8200, HU8500
- 2015 Models: JU6000, JU6400, JU6410, JU6445, JU6500, JU6510, JU6670, JU6740, JU6800, JU7000, JU7500, JS8000, JS8500, JS9000, JS9500
- 2016 Models:
- Access via the Game Store: KS9800, KS9500, KS9000, KS8000, KS7500, KS7000, KU6680, KU6670, KU6650, KU6640, KU6510, KU6500, KU6470, KU6450, KU6400
- Access via the app store: KU6000, K6300, K5500, K5510, K5570, K5580, K5600, K5670, K5690
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.