Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
1. The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (“Promoter”).
2. The Offer only applies to purchases made between 11 December 2018 and 28 January 2019 (the “Purchase Period”).
3. To be eligible to participate in the Offer you must be a UK or ROI resident aged 18+ (“Participant”).
4. The Offer is only available to consumers (e.g. not to any business or reseller purchasing for commercial use or resale).
5. Participants who purchase one of the following new (i.e. not second hand) Samsung Premium UHD TV’s:
(each a “Promotion Product” and together the “Promotion Products”) from www.samsung.com/uk (online only) or the Samsung concession at Selfridges, Oxford Street (in store only) (each a “Participating Retailer”, together the “Participating Retailers”) within the Purchase Period will have the right to return the Promotion Product to the Participating Retailer from whom the purchase was made within 100 days of purchase for any reason (the “Offer”).
6. Participants claiming under the Offer must return the Promotion Product in the original packaging and must therefore retain all original packaging to benefit from the Offer.
7. The Offer only applies to Promotion Products used in a normal domestic environment, not when used commercially. Commercial use includes, but is not limited to, use for profit or financial gain, on public display in a club, bar or restaurant, or use for continuous display.
8. The Offer is not available where the Promotion Product is defaced, altered, damaged beyond repair or in need of a repair not included in warranty service, regardless of whether the damage is accidental.
9. The Offer cannot be transferred to another user.
10. To claim under the Offer, Participants must contact the Promoter at 0330 726 7467 within 100 days of the date of purchase. The Promoter will attempt to resolve any issues the Participant has. Should the Participant still wish to return the Promotion Product the Promoter will then arrange for the collection of the Promotion Product and the issue of a full refund to the bank account used to purchase the Promotion Product (a “Claim”).
11. Following confirmation of the return, Participants must un-install the Promotion Product and re-package it in its original packaging.
12. Claiming the Offer does not affect the standard warranty period or any other statutory rights.
Privacy and Data Protection
14. Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions or for the purposes of operating the Offer, the details and information provided by the Participant when making a Claim will not be used for any other purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
15. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Offer whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Offer.
17. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid Claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age, and other relevant details of a Participant.
18. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive Claims due to transmission failures or other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged Claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Offer.
19. By participating in this Offer, Participants agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Offer. This limitation of liability shall not apply to liability arising from fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation), death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter’s negligence.
20. The Promoter bears no responsibility for any damage to Participant’s property on installation. If the Participant decides to return the product under the Offer, the Promoter takes no responsibility for any damage to the Participant’s property which may be incurred during removal.
21. The Offer is governed by English law.