Terms and Conditions
Samsung S10 Hot Shots Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
By entering the competition described below (a “Prize Draw”) you (the “Participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
1. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
2. The Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18+ with a valid and public Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account only.
3. Employees or agents of the Promoter or anyone professionally connected to the Prize Draw is not eligible to enter.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter.
5. Winners must be able to travel to Mallorca, Spain between 28 – 30 July 2019, hold a valid passport with a minimum of six (6) months left from the date of departure, have personal travel insurance with a reputable insurance company and have arrange all necessary visas.
Prize Draw Period
6. The Prize Draw will open at 9:00am (BST) Monday 3 June 2019 and close at 12:00pm (BST) on Tuesday 9 July 2019 (“Prize Draw Period”).
7. There is one (1) Prize to be won in total, consisting of a trip for two (2) to the Love Island LIVE final with return flights from the UK to Mallorca, 2 night’s all-inclusive accommodation and return airport transfers in Mallorca and one (1) Samsung Galaxy S10+ device (the “Prize”). Access to the villa for the Prize is at the sole discretion of ITV. ITV reserves the right to refuse a Prize winner access if a Prize winner’s chaperone or any other ITV representative is of the opinion that the Prize winner is intoxicated, has noticeably consumed alcohol or that their behaviour might otherwise disturb the filming of the live final in any way. ITV’s decision in respect of the same is final.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize excludes excursions, spending money, room service and bar bills. Anything not expressly stated as included in the Prize shall be the responsibility of the winner and there shall be no further payments by the Promoter.
9. The Prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winners. The Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any Prize.
10. To enter, Participants must take a photo of their summer and share this photo on to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, tag @SamsungUK and use the hashtag #S10hotshots (“Entry”).
11. Each Participant may submit a maximum of ten (10) Entries.
12. Any text, videos, images or any other content (the “Content”) which are submitted by the Participant as part of the Entry (the “Content”) must adhere strictly to the following content guidelines (the “Content Guidelines”) for the Prize Draw:
a. The Content must not display the image or likeness of any person or any information about any person unless the Participant has obtained that person's permission.
b. The Content must not display any cruelty to any animal or person.
c. The Content must not infringe any third party intellectual property.
d. The Content must not infringe the rights of, or be defamatory or libellous about, any person.
e. The Content must be suitable for a person of any age to view and must fully comply with the law and all regulations.
f. The Content must not contain or display any words or images which are considered, at the Promoter's sole discretion, to be offensive, sexually explicit, rude, disparaging or otherwise inappropriate.
13. FOR SAFETY REASONS it is important that participants do not include or reveal any personal information (e.g. name, contact details, etc) in any Content.
14. Entries containing any Content that does not comply with the Content Guidelines will not be entered into the Prize Draw and the associated submission will be deemed invalid.
15. Entries that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Entries.
16. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any Participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Promotion.
17. Entries must be made by the Participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties.
18. The winner of the Prize will be the Participant selected at random from all valid Entries received by the Promoter during the Prize Draw Period in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
19. The winner will be notified on Tuesday 9 July 2019 via a reply to their post or private message on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
20. The Winner will have three (3) days from the date of notification to claim their Prize by responding to the notification with a UK address, phone number and confirmation that they are available to attend the Love Island LIVE final.
21. In the event a winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the Prize in the time required, the winner shall forfeit their Prize and it will be awarded to a substitute winner, selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Use of the Entries / Content by the Promoter
22. The Promoter may publish on any of its websites or any social networking website any and all Content received by it in connection with this Prize Draw at any time and for any reason.
23. All Participants hereby provide a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable licence to the Promoter to use the Content submitted for any purpose, including without limitation for advertising the Promoter’s products. The Participant hereby waives all moral rights they have in the Content submitted to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. Each Participant warrants that they are the person who created the Content submitted to this Prize Draw and that all Content adheres to the Content Guidelines. The Participant shall indemnify the Promoter and hold it harmless from and against any losses, damages, liabilities, obligations, claims, actions and demands, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, arising directly or indirectly from any breach of warranty set out in this clause.
Privacy and Data Protection
25. By entering the Prize Draw Participants consent to their personal information being used by the Promoter for the purposes of operating the Prize Draw and acknowledge the Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and towns of residence of all winners.
26. The Promoter may publish on any of its websites or any social networking website any and all content received by it in connection with this Prize Draw at any time and for any reason and by participating in the Prize Draw Participants hereby provide a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable licence to the Promoter to do so. Participants hereby waive all moral rights they have in any content submitted to the fullest extent permitted by law.
27. Participants reserve the right to withdraw their consent to such use of personal information at any time by visiting http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/privacy.html or by writing to the Promoter.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
29. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion.
30. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
31. By entering the Promotion, the Participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
32. All Prizes are subject to current tax law in the local jurisdiction, and may be considered to be a taxable fringe benefit to those who have participated and won under these Terms and Conditions. Winners are responsible for declaring, if applicable, the local currency equivalent cost of the Prize as earnings to the local tax authorities in the country that the Participant is resident.
33. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
34. This Promotion is governed by English law.