Keeping fit and healthy
Get active with the Galaxy S9 and S9+
Option 1 - Automatic data, on the move
- Throughout the day, your phone will automatically count and keep track of the steps you take, the distance you cover, your average walking pace, and the amount of calories you burn.
Useful tip: You need to create your Samsung Account before you can use the Samsung Health app.
Option 2 - Start a challenge
- To start a fitness challenge with a friend or join a Global Challenge, select the Samsung Health App from the home screen.
- Select Together from the tab menu.
- Select +Challenges to set up a fitness goal with a friend or scroll down and select Join Now to start a Global Challenge.
Option 3 - Measuring your heart rate
- To monitor your heart rate using the Samsung Health app, select Home from the tab menu.
- Select Measure Heart Rate.
- You’ll then be asked to lightly place your finger on the sensor (found on the back of the phone next to the camera) before your reading begins.
Option 4 - Setting your own fitness goals
- To set up your own fitness goals, firstly select the Samsung Health app from the home screen.
- Select the Active Time or Weight.
- Select icon with the three vertical dots (found in the top right corner of the screen).
- Select Set target.
- From there, you can set weight management or fitness goals.
Option 5 - Joining Samsung fitness programmes
- To join a Samsung fitness programme, select the Samsung Health app from the home screen.
- Select Discover from the tab menu.
- Select Programmes.
- Select a workout to suit.
Option 6 - Sharing your Steps Leaderboard
- To share your Steps Leaderboard with your friends and followers, select the Together tab from the Samsung Health home screen.
- Select Leaderboard.
- Select Share (found in the top right side of the screen).
- Select the apps you wish to share your leaderboard. For example, Facebook or WhatsApp.
Images simulated for illustrative purposes. Accuracy of Intelligent Scan may differ depending on surrounding conditions.