March 08, 2004 in Social Responsibility News

TFT-LCD Joint Venture

□ Details
- Sony Corporation and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. signed a joint venture contract for the production of TFT-LCD.(March 8, 2004)
ㆍName of the company : S-LCD Corporation
ㆍOwnership structure
※Samsung Electronics : 50% plus one share
SONY : 50% less one share

ㆍCapital structure : The two companies will pay the total of
KRW 2.1 trillion in equipment investment.
(the investment amount is subject to the F/X rate)
※ 60% of the equipment investment will be paid at the formation of the joint-venture and the remaining 40% will be paid within five months after the establishment of joint-venture.
ㆍNo limit set for termination of the joint-venture.

□ Purpose
- Partnership between the two leaders in the fast-growing LCD market will reinforce the industrial leadership forming and enhance the #1 position in the market by standardizing the LCD glass panel and the LCD TV size.


Welcome to Samsung

Sign up & get 10% off

Sign up and get 10% off your first order of $100 or more! Shop Samsung.com to find the best tech at the best prices and recieve news on our latest technology and exclusive offers.*

*Exclusion apply. Order must be a minimumm of $100 or more. Offer valid only for new Samsung.com customers. Must sign up for emails by 11/12/16. Promo code must be used by 11/19.

Fast, easy checkout with Shop Samsung App
Easy sign-in, Samsung Pay, notifications, and more!
Or continue shopping on Samsung.com
×
The Shop Samsung app
Free standard shipping, exclusive offers and financing options.
GET
×
The Shop Samsung app
Free standard shipping, exclusive offers and financing options.
GET
×

You Are About To Be Redirected To Investor Relations Information for U.S.

Thank you for visiting Samsung U.S. Investor Relations. You will be redirected via a new browser window to the Samsung Global website for U.S. investor relations information.
CANCEL
CONTINUE
×

Redirect Notification

As of Nov. 1, 2017, the Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. printer business and its related affiliates were transferred to HP Inc.

For more information, please visit HP's website: http://www.hp.com/go/samsung


Select CONTINUE to visit HP's website.

CANCEL
CONTINUE