Converting Your 2D Blu-ray Discs to 3D?
Before you begin, you will need:
• Samsung 3D Blu-ray player
• 3D TV - High Speed HDMI Cable
• 3D Glasses
• 2D Blu-ray Disc
2D to 3D Conversion
- Power on the player and TV. Set the TV input/source to where the Blu-ray player is connected. For example, if the player is connected to HDMI 1 on the TV, set the TV source to HDMI 1.
- Once the home menu is displayed, insert the 2D Blu-ray Disc. The player begins to read and loads the disc. Movie trailers and previews begin to play.
- When the disc menu displays, select 'Play' by using the directional arrows on your BD remote and then press the 2D to 3D button on the BD remote to convert the movie to 3D. Each time the 2D to 3D button is pressed it will toggle between 2D and 3D.
- If converting a 2D photo, display the photo and then press the 2D to 3D button.
- If converting 2D contents from a USB flash drive, play the content first and then press the 2D to 3D button.
- If converting Smart Hub content, launch the video app first and then press the 2D to 3D button.
2D Content is converted into the following 3D Formats
- 1080p 24fps: Outputs to 1080p 24fps 3D
- Others: Output to 720p 3D
- Photo Files: Output to 720p 3D
Adjusting 3D Depth
When converting 2D content to 3D content, especially content with not a lot of action, you sometimes need to adjust the depth. You can set it anywhere between 1 - 10, the higher the number, the deeper the 3D depth.
- Play your 2D Blu-ray disc and press the 2D to 3D button to convert to 3D.
- Press the Tools button on the Blu-ray remote. Tools menu displays.
- Using the top and bottom arrows, move to '3D Depth' and then press enter.
- Using the right and left arrows, adjust the value. The higher the value the deeper the 3D depth. If you experience discomfort while viewing 2D to 3D contents, try lowering the 3D depth.
What type of content can I convert?
- Any 2D content that supports 3D converion (Blu-ray, DVD movies)
- Smart Hub Content (Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, etc)
- DVD/BD-ROM/VCD Video and Photo files
3D to 2D function is not available when:
- Before a disc is played, 'Not Available' will display. Press Play first and then 2D to 3D conversion remote button.
- A 3D disc has already been inserted, since no conversion is necessary, the function won't work.
- When the connected TV is not a 3D TV.
- When the HDMI cable is not a High Speed HDMI cable.
- When the 2D content does not allow for 3D conversion (some videos may be coded for 2D only).
- When you use the 3D conversion function, the Bonusview function is not available. Depending on the disc, a black outline may display.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.