Why Does The Taskbar Appear On Both Monitors In Windows 8?
Change how Windows appear on each Taskbar
Unlike in Windows 7, the taskbar appears on all monitors in Windows 8. If you do not want this feature or would like to change how windows appear on each taskbar, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows button and X on any window.
- Select Control Panel from the menu.
- Click on Taskbar in the Control Panel.
- In the Taskbar Properties window, click on the box next to 'Show taskbar on all displays'. The taskbar will appear on all displays only if there is a check in the box.
- If you would like to change the way windows appear in the taskbar, click on the box under 'Show taskbar buttons on:'. You can select between three options.
- All taskbars - All open windows will appear on the taskbar of each screen.
- Main taskbar and taskbar where windows is open - All open windows will appear on the main display's taskbar. Any windows that are open on the secondary display will appear on the secondary display's taskbar.
- Taskbar where window is open - Only the windows that are open on each display will appear on that respective display's taskbar.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.