Adjusting ClearType Text In Windows 7
ClearType Text is a software technology developed by Microsoft that improves the readability of text on a monitor. With ClearType font technology, the text on the computer screen looks almost as sharp and clear as those printed on a piece of paper.
While ClearType is a Microsoft technology, a similar feature is available for Apple's Mac computers.
Turn on ClearType Text in Windows 7
- Click on the "Start" button and select the "Control Panel".
- Type in the word "Display" in the search text field at the top right of the window, then click "Display" in the search results to the left.
- Select "Adjust ClearType Text".
- The ClearType Text Tuner Window will appear. Make sure there is a check in the box next to "Turn on ClearType", then press "Next".
- If you have two Monitors connected, the next screen will allow you to select whether you want to set ClearType on both Monitors or just one. Select either "Yes, I want to tune all monitors now" or "No, only tune the monitor that I select" and then press "Next".
- The next window will check that the Monitor is set to the optimum resolution. Make sure your Monitor is set to the correct resolution and then press "Next".
- The next 3 to 4 windows will prompt you to select the best out of the examples given. Select the one you think looks best and then press "Next".
- Click "Finish". ClearType is now set on your computer.
To download a free manual, click here and enter your monitor's model number, choose your monitor, select the correct model from the drop-down list, and then click on GET DOWNLOADS to access the monitor's support page. Manuals are available from the PRODUCT INFO section.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.