Updating the Firmware for My HW-F750 Soundbar
Samsung may offer Firmware updates for your Sound bar from time to time. Firmware updates are also known as Software updates. To check if your Sound bar has a Firmware update available, click here.
The HW-F750 Sound bar product page will load, click the Downloads tab. If a Firmware update is available it will be listed. If an update is offered, you can upgrade the Firmware by placing the extracted Firmware file on a blank USB thumb drive, and then inserting the thumb drive into the USB port on the Sound bar. If more than two files are listed, the order does not matter but you can only place one file at a time.
You will need:
To update the Firmware on your Soundbar follow the steps below
- Go to Samsung.com/us/support and enter your model number to view your products support page.
- Select the Download tab to view available Firmware files.
- Click the .ZIP icon to the right of the Firmware file.
- When your computer finishes downloading the file (about less than a minute) locate the file in your download folder, or wherever you saved the file, and extract the file.
- Windows Operating Systems come with built in extraction programs and you can often click the Extract files button within the folder.
For more help, click here to go to the Microsoft support site.
- Mac Operating Systems options vary by OS type. Depending on your OS you can use Stuffit Explorer (comes with the OS), or open the zipped files and then look for the decompress option. The OS X Lion lets you double click the .zip file and it is uncompressed automatically.
- After the file is extracted, right click the file to copy it.
- You can also drag and drop the extracted file to your blank thumb drive.
- Double click the drive letter that corresponds to your thumb drive.
- Click a blank space and left click paste. The file will be pasted to your thumb drive.
- Power on your Soundbar and press the Source button on the soundbar remote repeatedly until USB appears on the front display of the soundbar. This places the soundbar in USB mode.
- The firmware will update automatically and the front display of the soundbar will start at 0% and increase up to 100% indicating the firmware update is complete. The Soundbar will then power off automatically.
If the firmware update does not begin, double check the file on the USB thumb drive. The firmware file must be extracted and the only file on the thumb drive.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.