Set Up Your New Chromebook
Setting up my Chromebook
To setup your Chromebook, follow the steps below.
- Connect your Chromebook to a power source.
- Power on your Chromebook.
- Select your Language, Keyboard, and Network.
- Read the Google Chrome OS Terms. Below the Terms you can choose to opt in or out of sending usage statistics and crash reports to Google. After you have read the Terms, click on "Accept and continue".
It is recommended to choose to opt in as the data collected is used to improve the OS.
- Sign into your Google Account. If you do not have a Google Account click on "create a Google Account" and complete the webform.
- Select a picture that will be your account picture. This picture will be displayed on the main sign in screen and status area. You can also take a picture of yourself to use if you do not want to use one of the provided images. Once you have selected your picture, click "OK".
- Take a tour of your brand new Chromebook. This will show you the ins and outs of your new Chromebook. Your Chromebook is setup and ready for use.