Can I Connect A TV To The 3.5 MM Port On My MX-FS8000?
Your Giga sound system comes with two3.5 mm ports, Aux in 1 on the front panel and Aux in 2 on the back of the system, you can use either one to connect a TV or external device. Although a 3.5mm stereo cable (analog) is NOT included it can be purchased at local electronics stores, online retailers, or from samsungparts.com Keep in mind that the type of cable you need depends on the type of port your TV has. You may need an RCA to stereo cable (red and white audio cables on one end and 3.5 mm on the other end) so it's important to check what type of port your TV has and then purchase the appropriate cable.
You will need:
- 1 Analog audio cable (3.5mm)
- Power off your TV
- Power off Giga sound system
Connect your External Device and Portable Speaker
Follow the steps below to connect your external device and portable speaker.
- Connect one end of the analog audio cable to the AUX OUT port on your TV.
- Connect the other end of the analog audio cable to to the Aux IN port on the front or rear of the Giga sound system.
- Power on your TV and change it's input to AUX OUT, if your TV has more than one AUX OUT port select the port where the audio cable is connected.
- Power on your Giga sound system and press the Tuner/Aux button located on the top left corner of the remote) to toggle through available inputs, select Aux 1 if you used the front Aux port, select Aux 2 if you used the Aux port on the back of the system. All audio that is played by your TV will now output through Giga sound system.
- If you have no audio verify the stereo cable is plugged in all the way on the Giga sound system and connected TV.
- Verify the media you are playing has audio by playing the media and disconnecting the stereo cable from the connected device, verify there is audio and then reconnect the stereo cable.
- Try a second stereo cable, the first one may be defective.
- Try connecting your external device to a Home Theater System or other audio device and verify it is outputting audio through the output jack:
- If there is no audio, the port on your external device is failing.
- If there is audio your TV is working properly. The problem may be caused by the Giga sound system. Connect a second external device to your Giga sound system using the stereo cable and verify there is audio. If there is no audio, the system requires service.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.