How do I take screenshots on my Samsung Galaxy Mega™?
There are several ways to capture screenshots on your device. Screenshots will be copied to the clipboard and saved to the Screenshots folder in the Gallery.
Capture Screenshots Using Keys
You can capture screenshots by pressing the Home key and the Power/Lock key simultaneously. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard and saved to the Screenshots folder in Gallery.
Capture Screenshots Using Motion Gestures
Your mobile device supports a "palm swipe to capture screenshot" gesture. To turn feature on, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Palm motion. Touch the slider to turn Palm motion on . Touch the slider to turn Capture screen on . You can now capture a screenshot by touching the screen with the side of your hand and swiping across from left to right, or vice versa.
The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard and saved to the Screenshots folder in Gallery.
- To open a screenshot immediately after you capture it, open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, and touch Screenshot captured. To view your screenshots at any time, from the Home screen, touch Apps > Gallery > Screenshots.
- Touch the desired screenshot.
- When viewing the screenshot, the following icons are available at the top of the screen:
- Change player: Play your media on a nearby compatible DLNA® enabled device.
- Share via: Share the screenshot with Bluetooth®, Email, Gmail™, Messaging, or Wi-Fi Direct®.
Note: Additional sharing options may be available on your device. The options may vary based on applications installed and features you have turned on.
- Delete: Delete the image file.
- Camera: Open the Camera application.
- Touch Menu for the following additional options:
- Edit: Edit the screenshot.
- Favorite: Add the screenshot to your favorites.
- Slideshow: Start a slideshow of the screenshots in the folder.
- Photo frame: Add a decorative frame to the screenshot.
- Add note on back of image: Flip the screenshot over and handwrite a note.
- Copy to clipboard: Copy the screenshot to the device clipboard for pasting into other applications.
- Print: Print the image to an available printer via a wireless network, Wi-Fi Direct, or USB cable.
- Rename: Rename the file.
- Buddy photo share: Tag the screenshot for easy sharing with a contact.
- Crop: Crop unwanted areas out of the screenshot.
- Set as: Set the screenshot as a Contact photo, Home screen, Lock screen, Home and lock screens wallpaper, or Wallpaper.
- Details: Show technical information about the screenshot, such as the size.
- Settings: View and edit Gallery settings. View accounts available for syncing with the Gallery. Select when sync should occur. Turn on Tag buddy, Face tag, and Auto play sound when photos are taken in Sound & shot mode.
You can delete, edit, and share screenshots from the Notification Panel. Touch Screenshot captured with two fingers slightly separated, and swipe down to expand and display all options. To automatically edit the screenshot after it is captured, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Display and place a check mark next to Edit after screen capture.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.