How To Copy Music Files From One USB device To Another USB Device On Your MX-FS9000 Giga Sound System
You will need:
- An empty USB flash drive or an external USB device with storage (e.g., MP3 Player)
- A USB flash drive or external USB device with the music you want to copy
- Disconnect microphone if one is connected
- Giga sound system remote
Recording Function to USB
The recording function allows you to record from a CD, a USB device, a radio broadcast, or an external source to a USB storage device such as a USB flash drive or MP3 player.
Copy Music from a USB Flash Drive to another USB Flash Drive
Follow the steps below to copy music from a USB flash drive to another USB flash drive or an external USB device with storage.
- First connect the USB flash drive or external USB device to USB 2 REC port on the front of the system. This is the device we will be copying to.
- Next connect the USB flash drive or USB device you are recording from to the USB 1 port on the front of the system. This is the USB flash drive or external device where the music you want to copy is stored.
- Press the USB button to select USB 1 and play a song.
- Press the USB REC button on the remote for a second to copy one file (track), or press and hold for a few seconds to copy a folder.
- 'File copy' displays if copying one file, 'Folder Copy' displays if copying a folder.
- If there is a file with the same name on the USB 2 device, 'Exist File' will appear on the front display of the system, and the recording will be canceled.
- If a microphone is connected to the system and the USB REC button is pressed, the MP3 recording function is activated instead of the copying function. Be sure to disconnect the microphone before copying.
- If you disconnect the USB flash drive during a recording session the system will power off and you will be unable to delete the incomplete file that has been copied. If this occurs, connect the flash drive or external device to a PC, back up any other files you may have on it, and then reformat the flash drive/external device.
- If the USB flash drive does not have enough memory, a 'Not Enough Memory' message displays on the front display of the system. If this occurs, connect your flash drive to a PC and back up the files it contains before performing a format on the drive. You can also attach another flash drive.
- EQ, Repeat, and Giga Sound functions are automatically turned off and unavailable when using the recording function.
- When recording the FAT file system is supported, NTFS files systems are not supported.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.