What Location settings (GPS) are available on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime?
The Location settings let you choose how your mobile device will determine your location.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn On Location Services
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch Settings .
- Touch Location .
- Touch the slider to turn Location on .
- Touch AGREE on the Location consent screen. Mark the Don't show again checkbox to bypass this screen in the future.
Manage Accuracy Level
- Touch Mode to select the accuracy level of your locating method.
- Choose from the following options:
- High accuracy: This option has the highest level of accuracy, using GPS, Wi-Fi®, and mobile data networks interchangeably to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.
- Power saving: This option uses only Wi-Fi and mobile data networks to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.
- GPS only: This option uses only the GPS network to estimate your location.
Manage Recent Location Requests
Your device will display any applications that have requested access to your location in this area. Under the application name, you will see the battery usage required for this application to make the request. Touch an application to access its application information screen.
Use Location Services
Your device uses information from Wi-Fi or mobile data networks (or both) to help calculate your position. This lets Google™ use its location services to estimate your location and improve search results and other services.
- Touch Google Location Reporting. You will be prompted to sign in to your Google Account if you have not already done so.
- Turn Location Reporting and Location History on or off.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.