How do I Transfer Data from my Google Account on Another NFC Compatible Device to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5?
Use the Tap & Go feature to effortlessly transfer your Google Account, backed up applications, and data from your old Android device to a new Android device.
Use Tap & Go
While the Tap & Go feature works using the cellular network, it is recommended that you use Wi-Fi.
- Make sure the NFC feature on your old device is turned on and is unlocked.
- Power on your new device and follow the setup prompts until you reach the Wi-Fi screen. If necessary, touch the slider to turn Wi-Fi on. Connect to the desired Wi-Fi network and touch NEXT.
- Continue to follow the setup prompts until you reach the Tap & Go screen shown below.
- Briefly place the two devices back to back. Separate the devices when you hear a tone or feel a vibration.
- When prompted, touch OK on your old device.
- The process may take a few minutes while your new device copies backed up accounts and information from your old device.
- When prompted, enter your Google password on your new device.
- Choose the backup device and applications you want to restore and touch NEXT.
- Review the Google services terms and privacy policies and touch NEXT.
- Complete the setup process. The process may take a few minutes while your new device restores accounts and downloads previously installed applications.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.