How to Take a Self-Portrait with the Samsung NX500 Camera
The Samsung NX500 comes ready to take selfies with the Self-Shot mode! You can flip the display upward 180 degrees to see the picture while you take a photo of yourself. Once you enable the Auto Self Shot option, flipping the display upwards activates Auto Self Shot mode for you.
How to activate and use Self-Shot mode:
In Self Shot mode, the timer (2 seconds), one-touch shot, face detection, and beauty face functions are automatically activated.
- In Shooting mode (camera turned on and ready to take a photo), press the MENU button > "Auto Self Shot" > "On"
- Flip the display upwards.
- Touch Face Retouch.
- Drag the slider to touch the plus/minus icons to adjust Face Retouch. This will determine how much or how little your photo is modified.
- Press "OK" or touch "Set."
- Touch the frame area on the display or press the shutter button. After 2 seconds, the camera automatically releases the shutter, taking your picture.
Tips for safe use:
- Keep the display closed when the camera is not in use.
- Tilt the display only within the angle allowed. Failing to do so or forcing it beyond 180 degrees may damage your camera.
- Be careful not to damage the display when tilting it.
- If you have flipped the display upwards and you are not holding the camera by hand, do not rest the camera on a table, fence, etc. to steady it. Instead, use a tripod. Otherwise, you can damage your camera.
- Do not flip the display up when an external flash is mounted on the camera. Otherwise, you may damage your camera.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.