How do I assign a personal ringtone or vibration pattern to a contact on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4?
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version. You can assign custom ringtones and vibration patterns to your contacts. This makes it easier to identify a caller without needing to look at your device's screen.
Assign a Personal Ringtone
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Contacts .
- Touch the desired contact.
- Touch to edit the contact's information.
- Scroll to and touch Ringtone.
- Touch the preloaded ringtone you want to use and touch OK, or follow the instructions below to use a custom ringtone.
- Touch ADD to create a custom ringtone from the sounds stored on your device.
- If necessary, quickly double-touch Sound picker.
- Select the music file you want to use.
- Mark the Auto recommendations checkbox to use highlights from the song for the ringtone, instead of playing the song from the beginning.
- Touch DONE.
Assign a Personal Vibration Pattern
- Touch ADD ANOTHER FIELD.
- Mark the Vibration pattern checkbox.
- Touch OK.
- Touch Vibration pattern.
- Touch the preloaded vibration pattern you want to use and touch OK, or follow the instructions below to use a custom vibration pattern.
Custom Vibration Patterns
- Touch CREATE to create a custom vibration pattern.
- Touch the circle to start recording a vibration pattern.
- Tap out the vibration pattern you want to use and touch STOP when you are finished.
- Touch to play back your pattern. If you are satisfied, touch SAVE. To try again, touch CANCEL.
- Enter a Vibration pattern name and touch OK.
Assign a Personal Message Tone
- Touch ADD ANOTHER FIELD.
- Mark the Message tone checkbox and touch OK.
- Touch Message tone.
- Touch the preloaded notification sound you want to use and touch OK.
©2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, Galaxy S, ChatON, S Translator, S Health, My Magazine, Multi Window, S Beam, Smart Pause, Air View, S Pen, S Voice, Air Gestures, Galaxy Gear, Milk Music, Samsung Smart TV, HomeSync, and AllShare are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Google, Google Play, Gmail, Android, and other marks are trademarks of Google, Inc. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All other company names, product names, and marks are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. Screen images may differ from one wireless service provider to another. Appearance of the device may vary.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.