How do I configure Power saving mode on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version. Power saving mode lets you set your device to conserve battery power.* *Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, wireless service provider, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls and voice, data, and other applications' usage patterns.
Turn On Power Saving Mode
Power saving mode limits performance to conserve battery power. You can choose which features you want to restrict.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch Settings .
- Touch the GENERAL tab.
Note: To switch to the tab view, touch Menu > Switch to tab view.
- Touch Power saving mode .
- Touch the slider to turn Power saving mode on .
The following options are available:
- CPU performance: Limit the maximum performance of the CPU to conserve battery power.
- Screen output: Use a lower frame rate and power level for your device's screen.
- Turn off haptic feedback: Your device will not vibrate when you touch the screen while in Power saving mode.
Power Saving Tips
Your device provides options that help you conserve battery power. By customizing these options and turning off features in the background, you can use your device longer between charges:
- Turn off the Bluetooth® feature.
- Turn off Wi-Fi®.
- Turn off the GPS service.
- Turn off the mobile data connection.
- Turn off auto-syncing of accounts.
- Turn off the Smart features.
- Discontinue use of Live wallpapers.
- Decrease the backlight time (timeout settings).
- Decrease the brightness of the display, or use Automatic brightness.
- Turn off haptic feedback.
©2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, Galaxy S, ChatON, S Translator, S Health, My Magazine, Multi Window, S Beam, Smart Pause, Air View, S Pen, S Voice, Air Gestures, Galaxy Gear, Milk Music, Samsung Smart TV, HomeSync, and AllShare are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Google, Google Play, Gmail, Android, and other marks are trademarks of Google, Inc. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All other company names, product names, and marks are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. Screen images may differ from one wireless service provider to another. Appearance of the device may vary.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.