Smart Grid Mode - Chef Collection French Door Refrigerator (RF34H9960S4)
Smart Grid Mode is a function available on your refrigerator that allows it to control energy usage, or delay operation of some functions to save energy during peak energy times. Smart Grid Mode is also referred to as Demand Response Mode and is controlled by the E-Smart Override button.
In order to use Smart Grid Mode you must set up a separate contract with your local Electric Utility Company.
Using The Smart Grid Mode Feature
To turn Smart Grid Mode On and Off, perform the following steps:
- Open the Cool Select Room to gain access to the control panel on top of the Cool Select Room door.
- Verify Control Lock is deactivate.
- Touch and hold the words E-Smart Override for 3 full seconds.
- The display on the control panel will either show "Or on" or "Or oF."
- If "Or on" is displayed, Smart Grid Mode is On.
- If "Or oF" is displayed, Smart Grid Mode is Off.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.