How do I insert or remove the microSD™ card for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0?
Your device lets you use a microSD or microSDHC™ card to expand memory space. This secure digital card lets you exchange pictures, music, and data with microSD compatible devices.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Insert the microSD Card
- Locate and open the microSD card cover on the side of your device.
- Insert the microSD card into the slot until it locks into place.
- Close the microSD card cover.
Remove the microSD Card
You must unmount the microSD card before removing it.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch the GENERAL tab.
To switch to the tab view, touch More options > Switch to tab view.
- Touch Storage.
- Scroll to and touch Unmount SD™ card.
- Touch OK to finish unmounting the card.
- Open the microSD card cover on the side of your device.
- Gently press on the microSD card to release it, and then carefully remove it from your device.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*