How do I assign a personal ringtone to a contact on my Samsung Galaxy J1™?
You can assign custom ringtones to your contacts. This makes it easier to identify a caller without needing to look at your device's screen.
Assign a Personal Ringtone
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch Contacts .
- Touch the desired contact.
- Touch to edit the contact's information.
- Scroll to and touch Ringtone.
- Touch the preloaded ringtone you want to use and touch OK, or follow the instructions below to use a custom ringtone.
- Touch ADD to create a custom ringtone from the sounds stored on your device.
- If necessary, quickly double-touch Sound picker.
- Select the music file you want to use. You can touch the filename to preview the music file, and touch it again to pause.
- Touch DONE.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.