How to Connect a Source to Your Samsung UHD Monitor
It's easy to connect your UHD monitor to a source, typically your computer. Read the instructions below to learn what kind of cables you can connect with and how to connect them.
If you purchase a HDMI or DP cable, make sure that they support the requirements below. Also, make sure that the graphics card of your computer supports the requirements. This will allow you to get the highest resolution and fastest refresh rate.
- HDMI 1 - Displays up to 3840 x 2160 screen resolution at 30 Hz.
- HDMI 2 - Displays up to 3840 x 2160 screen resolution at 60 Hz.
- DP - Displays up to 3840 x 2160 screen resolution at 60 Hz.
Connecting to a Source
Shortcut: If this is the very first time you have connected your monitor to a source, or to a new source, just toggle the JOG button up and down to switch between sources, after connecting the cables and power cord.
- With the monitor not plugged in to power, connect the cable to the appropriate ports on the monitor and the computer.
- Connect the DC power adapter to the monitor and the power socket. Press the JOG button if necessary to power the monitor on.
- Press the JOG button on the back of the monitor.
- When the Function Key Guide appears, move the JOG button LEFT to select source. Press the JOG button.
- Move the JOG button UP/DOWN to cycle between the different sources, such as HDMI, DVI, or VGA cables. Once the correct source is reached, a picture will appear on your monitor.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.