Galaxy Tab S - How do I set up my Samsung Galaxy Tab S for first time use?
The first time you turn your device on, the Welcome Screen displays. It will guide you through the basics of setting up your device. Follow the prompts to choose a default language, connect to a Wi-Fi network, set up accounts, choose location services, learn about your device’s features, and more.
- Select your language and/or accessibility options on the welcome screen. Touch Start to begin the setup process.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network to connect to and touch Next.
Note: It is recommended to connect to a Wi-Fi network during the setup process.
- Review the EULA and tap the checkbox for I understand and agree to the terms and conditions above. Then, read the Diagnostic Data and touch Yes or No thanks. Touch Next.
- Enter your google email address and touch Next.
- Enter your password and touch Next.
- Adjust the date and time if necessary and touch Next.
- On the Get your apps & data page, touch the drop down menu to choose whether you wish to restore the device or Set up as new device and touch Next.
- Choose which Google services you would like to activate by checking or unchecking the checkboxes. Then, touch Next to continue.
- Choose whether to sign in, create an account, or sign up with a google ID. Touch Skip to skip signing in or Sign in to enter your ID and password. If signing in, enter your ID and password and touch Sign in to continue.
- Choose your backup and restore options for your samsung account. Then, touch Next.
Note: If you choose not to restore, you will be required to touch Continue on the confirmation page.
- Choose to create a dropbox account or sign into an existing one. You may also touch Skip to continue.
- Edit the device name and touch Finish to complete.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.