How can I increase the call volume on my Samsung Galaxy S5 mini?
Your device has several features that let you adjust the volume and improve the audio quality of phone calls. Note: To access call settings from the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Call.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Adjust Volume during a Call
The most direct way to adjust volume while on an active call is with the Volume keys on the side of your device.
You can also increase the overall volume level during a call.
1. Touch More options.
2. Mark the Extra volume checkbox.
If the volume level is still not satisfactory, you can turn off noise reduction.
1. Touch More options > Settings.
2. Scroll to and unmark the Noise reduction checkbox to turn off the feature.
3. Touch Contact photo in the top-left corner to return to the call screen.
Adjust Audio Quality
You can personalize audio quality to suit your hearing needs, and even turn these features on or off while on an active call.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps.
2. Touch Phone.
3. Touch More options > Settings.
4. Touch Call.
5. Touch Personalize call sound and choose In-call sound EQ or Adapt sound.
6. If you select In-call sound EQ, touch Off, Soft sound, Clear sound, Adapt sound left, or Adapt sound right to choose the desired sound. If you select Adapt sound, your device will guide you through customizing an optimal call sound.
Turn off the Extra volume feature and disconnect any earphones prior to using the personalized call sound option during a call. To turn on your personalized call sound while on an active call, touch More options > Personalize call sound.
Set Up Adapt Sound
The first time you choose Adapt sound in the Personalize call sound settings, the device will guide you through customizing optimal audio.
1. Before starting, close all multimedia applications, find a quiet environment, and have compatible earphones connected. Touch START to begin.
2. The device will play a beep. Touch YES if you hear the beep, or if you cannot hear it, touch NO. The progress bar shows how much of the test you have completed.
3. When the test is complete, the results will be displayed for both your LEFT and RIGHT ears. You can see the improvement in the audio with Adapt sound turned on (orange line) versus with it turned off (blue line).
4. Touch PREVIEW to listen to a sample of music in both ORIGINAL and PERSONALIZED form.
5. Touch CUSTOMIZE to manually adjust your test results by touching Add or Remove.
6. Scroll down to select the audio features that should use your Adapt sound settings: Call sound and Music sound.
7. Touch Frequently used side and choose whether you generally hold your phone to your Left ear or Right ear.
8. Touch DONE when you are finished.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.