What is the Smart stay feature on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0?
The Smart stay feature uses the front-facing camera to sense when you are looking at your device, and it keeps the screen from turning off regardless of the screen timeout setting.
Turn On Smart Stay
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch the CONTROLS tab.
4. Touch Smart screen.
5. Mark the Smart stay checkbox to turn on the feature and touch OK.
Turn On Using the Quick Settings Panel
You can also quickly turn Smart stay on or off from the Quick Settings Panel. Using two fingers slightly separated, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom and then touch the Smart stay shortcut.
Smart stay works best under the following conditions:
- When the device is held steady and upright.
- When the device is in well-lit conditions, but the screen is not in direct light.
- When the front-facing camera is not being used by another application.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.