Galaxy Tab E - What is Private Mode and How do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E?
Hide personal content from being accessed by anyone else using your device. Private mode allows you to hide photos, videos, music and other files so they cannot be seen by others, without the use of a 3rd party application. Private mode is only available for certain applications.
• A secure screen lock (Pattern, PIN, or Password) is required to use Private Mode. • If you forget your password, factory reset is needed."
Set Up Private Mode
• Private Mode does not protect your data from being accessed by other applications.
• To prevent data from being synchronized with external servers, please disable auto-sync settings on your device.
From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings.
Touch Privacy > Private mode.
Review the Disclaimer and touch CONFIRM to continue.
Touch the OFF slider to turn Private mode on .
Enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password and touch Done.
If you have not set up a Pattern, PIN, or Password you will be prompted to create one.
Using the Notification panel
Private Mode can also be switched on and off through the Notifications panel.
Open the Notifications panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
Swipe right on the Quick Settings Panel shortcuts at the top of the screen and locate Private Mode shortcut.
Touch Private Mode to turn it on.
Enter your PIN, Password, or Swipe to turn on Private mode.
Touching the icon in the Notification panel again will switch it back off.
Adding Photos to Private Mode
• Files can be set to private even if Private Mode is switched OFF.
• You will be required to enter your Private Mode password to temporarily enable it.
• Private Mode will switch OFF immediately after the file has been set to private.
To Move Individual File
With Private mode enabled, open a picture and touch MORE at the top right corner, then select Move to Private.
Your file is moved to Private folder. The file(s) will stay visible until you turn Private mode off.
To Move Multiple Files at Once
From the Gallery, touch MORE > Edit.
Touch and mark checkbox on the photos you would like to make private.
Touch MORE > Move to Private.
Your files are moved to Private folder. The file(s) will stay visible until you turn Private mode off.
Removing Photos from Private Mode
From the Gallery > Album > Private folder, with Private Mode turned on, touch MORE > Edit.
Touch and mark checkbox on the photos you would like to remove from Private mode.
Touch MORE > Remove from Private.
Select an existing folder or create a new one to move the photos to.
Files are removed from private folder and into the folder you selected.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.