How To Install The Evolution Kit (SEK-1000)
Before You Begin: * Have your TV updated to Firmware version 1048 or higher. * Unpack your Evolution Kit. * Have access to the rear of the TV. If your TV is wall-mounted you may need to remove it from the wall mount to attach the evolution kit. * Clean your hands.
Installing The Evolution Kit
Do not force the Evolution Kit into the connector. It should attach easily.
- Power off your TV.
- Remove the sticker that protects the expansion port on the rear of the TV.
- Check for a plastic port protector. Some models will have them others will not. If your TV has the plastic protector, remove it.
- Remove the rubber connector protector for the evolution kit.
- Insert the two tabs on the evolution kit into the two cut outs on the rear of the TV.
- Align the connection with the port on the TV and firmly push the Evolution Kit into place.
- Once attached power your TV back on. Wait 30 Seconds. Your TV will automatically detect the Evolution Kit and a message will appear in the lower left corner.
- Allow the TV to process the connection of the Evolution Kit. The TV will then automatically begin installing firmware built into the Evolution Kit. Wait while the TV completes this.
- Once the update is applied the TV will power cycle off and back on. Wait 60 seconds for update to be complete. The 2013 Smart Hub Start Screen display.
- The TV will will complete the installation of the Evolution Kit.
- Once completed you can begin the on-screen setup for the new Smart Hub features.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.