Change Keyboard Settings on the Galaxy View
Configure your device keyboard settings.
Samsung Keyboard Settings
Configure options for using the Samsung keyboard.
1. From the Home screen, swipe left.
2. Touch Apps > Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Language and input > Samsung keyboard.
Following options are available:
- Input languages: Choose which languages are available on the keyboard. Touch Select input languages to add languages to the keyboard. To switch between languages, slide the space bar sideways.
- Smart typing: Select smart features to assist your typing.
- Key-tap feedback: Configure feedback features for typing.
- Predictive text: Allow Predictive text to suggest words matching your text entries, and, optionally, complete common words automatically. Predictive text can learn your personal writing style from your contacts, messages, Gmail, and social networking sites — improving its accuracy of predicting your text entries.
- Auto replace: Automatically replace misspelled words.
- Auto check spelling: Check spelling as you type.
- Auto capitalize: Automatically capitalize the first letter of each sentence.
- Auto spacing: Automatically insert spaces between words.
- Auto punctuate: Automatically insert a full stop by touching the space bar twice.
- Keyboard swipe: Configure keyboard swipe to type by sliding your finger across the keyboard.
- Sound: Play a sound when you touch a key.
- Character preview: Show a big character bubble when a key is touched.
- Customization: Customize text shortcuts and keyboard size.
- Text shortcuts: Create shortcuts for your frequently used phrases.
- Adjust keyboard size: Adjust the size of the keyboard on the screen. Touch RESET to return to the default size.
- Other settings: Configure other keyboard settings.
- Reset settings: Reset all settings for the Samsung keyboard.
Switching Keyboard Input Language
1. Launch Samsung keyboard by touching in any available text field.
2. Touch and slide the SPACE bar side to side to select your preferred keyboard input language.
Enable Handwriting Recognition
1. Launch Samsung keyboard by touching in any available text field and touch and hold next to the SPACE bar to view a list of symbols and options, then select Handwriting Text Input .
2. Hand write your text into the text field.
3. Switch back to keyboard input by touching or touch and hold to select Keyboard text input .
Google Voice Typing
Google voice typing is a feature that allows you to enter text using your voice.
To use Google voice typing when you are entering text:
1. Touch and hold Settings on the onscreen keyboard.
2. Touch the Microphone key on the onscreen keyboard.
Touch Keyboard input to switch back to keyboard input.
3. When you see the microphone image, speak what you want to type.
4. Say “comma,” “period,” “question mark,” “exclamation mark,” or “exclamation point” to enter punctuation.
5. When you pause, what you spoke is transcribed by the speech-recognition service and entered in the text field, underlined.
6. You can touch and highlight any word(s) or phrase and touch the Delete key to erase the underlined text. If you start typing or entering more text by speaking, the underline disappears.
7. Touch the Speak now button to continue typing.
To enable and edit the Google voice typing settings, follow these instructions:
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings.
2. Touch Language and input > Google voice typing.
3. Following options are available to customize.
- Languages: Choose a language for voice searching.
- "Ok Google" detection: Say “OK Google” to launch voice search from the search app.
- Hands-free: Allow Bluetooth and wired headset requests when the phone is locked.
- Speech output: Choose options for speech output.
- Offline speech recognition: Download speech recognition, to enable voice input while offline.
- Block offensive words: When enabled, words many people find offensive are not shown in results of Google voice searches. Offensive words are replaced in results with a placeholder (####).
- Bluetooth headset: When enabled, audio is recorded when using an optional Bluetooth headset (not included).
Switch Text Entry Modes
1. With the Keyboard open, when entering text, touch to change text input method.
2. Select the preferred input method.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.